Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
we usually dont do anything else but that eat drink and be marry! When it comes to a good amount of people the weekend flies by!

·
slow poke
3,098 Posts
So it's just a meet where everyone drinks their asses off? :confused:
No there were plenty of people that went that don't drink, and enjoyed themselves enough to come back.

The two that I went to weren't really run as a "car show" or even a "car club meet" where you have a specific itinerary and all that (I only went to the last two, not sure how they were previous). Aside from the food/fireworks really.

It was more of a "hey, we're all friends but we've never met in person (or we seldom get the chance) so let's have a friendly get together".

IMO it was great. I've been to car club "meets" with these types of activities you're longing for, kinda lame. Maybe that's just how we like to do it on the east coast, but no one really complained that we didn't have a water balloon toss.

·
Waxed to Perfection
5,658 Posts
No there were plenty of people that went that don't drink, and enjoyed themselves enough to come back.

The two that I went to weren't really run as a "car show" or even a "car club meet" where you have a specific itinerary and all that (I only went to the last two, not sure how they were previous). Aside from the food/fireworks really.

It was more of a "hey, we're all friends but we've never met in person (or we seldom get the chance) so let's have a friendly get together".

IMO it was great. I've been to car club "meets" with these types of activities you're longing for, kinda lame. Maybe that's just how we like to do it on the east coast, but no one really complained that we didn't have a water balloon toss.
Thank you. We tried to make it more like a family reunion than a show or meet. Yeah, we often gave out trinket prizes for cleanest, furthest traveled etc. But, it was/is all about being one big happy family and getting to know each other in person rather than try to picture the face behind the forum posts. I put off responding, mainly due to past Tacoberfest pictures telling the story. The fact that so many returned, time and time again and always had a smile in the pics says it all. The "after-fest" posts, were always "can't wait til the next one".. Not patting myself on the back or looking for a gold star, but giving the credit to the members that actually attended and made it what it is/was. Sure, its time off, its gas money, it may cost a few bucks. But never, I repeat never did anyone say it wasn't worth every penny and minute spent. In fact the most major complaint I ever heard. Was, "the weekend went by too fast"..

I can only guess as to why the response for this year was lacking member support. Maybe it is the economy, lack of money, jobs not being as eager to give time off. Maybe its the new breed of CT'zen that just isn't interested in a meet, because that would actually mean being involved personally. Who knows.. All I do know it was the one thing CT had over all the other forums out there. To the peeps that supported the past "fests" I say thank you for attending and making memories and history with the rest of us..

·
Waxed to Perfection
5,658 Posts
i would have signed up...probably for the family, but it's the weekend right after slamfest
Thus.. Why it has always been the 2nd weekend of Oct.. To give the Slam-Fest peeps a chance to attend. Plus, it gives "most' of the peeps an extra day to recoup, "Columbus Day"..

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,553 Posts
FYI: I've received notification of the refund from PayPal. Thanks, Danielle!

Danielle - an extra-big thanks for putting the time and energy into trying to get this to happen. :waytogo: :applause:

·
''That Guy''
4,441 Posts
Ahh, sorry to see that there wasn't enough interest this year to make it happen. I'll put myself in the group of people who hadn't really made up their minds yet about coming. So, I'm as guilty as anyone else. :(

But, I really don't think this is the end of Tacoberfest. There just wasn't enough interest to make it happen this year. I have a good feeling there will be another. :)

Huge thanks to Danielle for organizing everything and trying to make it happen. I know there's a lot of effort that goes into planning.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Same here, Danielle. I would not have been able to attend this year due to a prior commitment, but I'm still sorry that it didn't happen. :cry: Hopefully next year will be different. Thanks for your efforts.:clapping:

·
Registered
404 Posts
SO whats the word on a Tacoberfest 2013? :shrug:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts