Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

2009 WRX turbo vs. Tacoma xtra cab 2.4 turbo @ 5psi..

14K views 51 replies 11 participants last post by  Jimountain 
#1 ·
Will this be an ass whoopin, close or what?

We'll find out..

last night I raced a bugeye wagon with a reflashed ecu running 20psi, e85 and he got me by 4 legnths @ a 20mph roll.

Tonight I'll give it a go against the 09 WRX sedan, he has an exhaust and intake.. :)

#5 ·
I happened along side a new Porsche 911 tonight on my way back from Charlotte. We both got stuck at a red light with noone around (I had purposely paced him for a few miles hoping for a red light;)
We both made slow easy starts and about 30 foot into it we both hammered down and I left him atleast 5-6 lengths back by fourth gear at about 95 before I heard him give out and slow down.

Good times.....good times.:waytogo:

#6 · (Edited)
From a dig, he got me by 4 legnths, from a.20mph roll, he got me by about 3

If we ran freeway from 60, it mite have been a bit closer because of the awd drivetrain drag..
Next year,.I'll get him for sure.. He smoked his clutch from the dig, total of 3 rollers and one dig..

Good times..
It's my girls sistets bf's ride.. Shlts and giggles :)
We'll use our cars as a base for each others mods..

Videos soon.

#13 ·
damn near 300hp on a WRX stock these days.. Where once an STi was rated for..

This is a 2.5, older STi's were 2.0's I believe and pushed about the same hp..

The night before I raced a bugeye wrx wagon, 20psi, e85, larger topside intercooler, reprogrammed ecu..
That car had crazy lag on a 20g turbo, but it really walked hard..

#22 ·
After watching the videos back to back, the e85 bugeye walked on me about the same, his turbo was big and a bit of lag off the line.

The stockish 09 on 92oct got me by about the same margin.

The bugeye sounded like a monster and really moved when spooled.

#39 ·
I smoked a 2010 wrx sti wagon last night....lol He saw my wideband with my window down on the freeway so he passed me up. So I pulled right behind him and he pulled to the right so we were heads up. I downshifted to 3rd (by best gear ever :D) and let him go first. Then bye bye!!! hahaha left him about a bus or two!!! Then he slowed down and never pulled up again! I would have loved to see his face when the little tacoma pulled away! PRICELESS!!! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.