Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 2007 Xr showed up today on the car hauler, its Radiant Red, the sticker price is over 25k. But it has a port installed tailgate spoiler, a bug deflector, and some Red lights installed under the dash. I like the spoiler but im not feelin the bug deflector or the dash lights. the spoiler added $399 to the sticker price and its not even the same color as the bed, its more gray than black. It makes me wish i still had my X, I think i might buy this one.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I had to put money down on my X before it even reached port to make sure I got what I wanted...they tried to pass that port-installed tailgate spoiler nonsense on me. I made 'em take it off. Same with the neon light too, although maybe I should have waited to see what it looked like first.

·
Registered
216 Posts
some kid today at a ref station told me, he test drove a 2007 xr with a factory supercharge.:shrug: i told him no supercharger mang. he said the salesman told him that they all come with a supercharger and he can hear it spooling.:looney:

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
don't trip xue- maybe he dreamt of driving your truck or maybe he heard that one chick that drives your truck on occasion, and thought "hmmm... it must be supercharged!":shrug:

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gadget said:
They say that they have "optimized" the cats on the 2007. Can you see if they look any different from the outside and if the flange that bolts to the Y pipe is in the same place?

Gadget
I will look tomorow, if someone hasn't swiped it yet.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Racer_X said:
don't trip xue- maybe he dreamt of driving your truck or maybe he heard that one chick that drives your truck on occasion, and thought "hmmm... it must be supercharged!":shrug:

:lol:

·
Registered
162 Posts
Gadget said:
They say that they have "optimized" the cats on the 2007. Can you see if they look any different from the outside and if the flange that bolts to the Y pipe is in the same place?

Gadget
I took pics of mine this morning, but I discovered I have a bent pin in my PC's USB port.

Are there pics of 05 or 06 flanges anywhere so I can compare?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Gadget said:

Gadget
I went to look at that 07 Xr today but it was gone, I think someone baught it.
So I looked up new car features for the Tacoma on TIS (Toyota Information System) and found that you are correct about the optimized cats, but the diagram looks exactly the same as the previous models. Also while I was in the new car features I found that the 07 1GR-FE will now share the same alternator pulley as the 2TR-FE because it has a one way clutch built into it.
I'm not exactly sure what good that would do, or if that will effect the operation of a URD supercharger kit.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Gadget said:

Gadget
Passenger side:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts