Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boosting a 2003 2rz and I know many have reported the factory fpr is rising rate within reasonable limits. My question is, how many pounds of boost are people safely running on the factory FPR? Anyone running 15psi without issue? How about 20 psi? I realize an aftermarket FPR isn't that expensive, but just wondering what folks are pushing the factory ones to.

·
Registered
93 Posts
What sort of ECU control are you running? Don’t quote me, but I think stock fueling runs out around 6-8psi. You can go with bigger injectors or more fuel pressure at that point.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Running a Microsquirt. I'm putting in a larger fuel pump and 1000cc injectors. Still wondering if I need to ditch the factory fpr as I plan on running 15-18 psi

Reactions: Brake Weight

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
Running a Microsquirt. I'm putting in a larger fuel pump and 1000cc injectors. Still wondering if I need to ditch the factory fpr as I plan on running 15-18 psi
Since you are already upgrading the pump and going with injectors that large, you may as well change the FPR as well. With those other fueling mods, your factory FPR will quickly become a restriction as you (inevitably) begin to push the boost further. Check out this video with Mike installing one in his Tacoma

·
Registered
93 Posts
FPR pales in comparison costs next to that. 1000cc should have ample duty cycle to get you going at first.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
21-22 psi on stock FPR, 5vz though. 650cc injectors.
same here on my 2RZ. I've managed 21psi with 650cc injectors and it doesn't lean out. But that is with a smaller turbo. On my last turbo, which was a bit bigger, I ran out of fuel at 17psi(according to the tuner, who made my tune a bit rich for my liking), but that was the injectors hitting their limits, not the FPR.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Boosting a 2003 2rz and I know many have reported the factory fpr is rising rate within reasonable limits. My question is, how many pounds of boost are people safely running on the factory FPR? Anyone running 15psi without issue? How about 20 psi? I realize an aftermarket FPR isn't that expensive, but just wondering what folks are pushing the factory ones to.
I’m running stock injectors, with extra injector at supercharger and with turbo combined I’m at 18psi at 0.90 lamda. Everything is stock on this truck. 2rz

1 - 8 of 8 Posts