Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently someone mentioned purchasing a SPAL Kit to get everything i need to fix my drivers door lock that has a buzz and wont lock. Is SPAL the brand name and how do I know I bought the right kit?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,575 Posts
Have you determined the actuator is the problem? A binding or disconnected rod (connecting the actuator and lock mechanism) would also cause those symptoms.

Is there a reason why you're looking to fix one door with an aftermarket actuator rather than an OEM actuator?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't confirmed that it's the actuator. Recently it started buzzing and won't lock. When I lock it manually it has more resistance pushing it down unless I use the interior lock button or my remote lock. Also, the aftermarket part is a lot cheaper than an OEM actuator.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,575 Posts
Please specify when you get the buzzing and when you don't ...

Does the locking action seem fine (like always ... ) when you use the interior switch and / or the remote fob?

What are you using / triggering when you get the buzzing and non-response?

I'm not sure the problem is the actuator ...

·
Registered
184 Posts
My Driver's side buzzes every time I lock it. I looked for another and found even the aftermarket OEM style was about $280. I am thinking about putting universal door actuators but don't want to lost the ability to lock and unlock from the switch on the door. (trading one problem for another) so for now, i just live with the buzzing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts