Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2000 Tacoma PreRunner, extra-cab TRD I bought used with 18k on it.

It came with 31X10.5x15 goodyear wrangler tires and I have the same size BFG A/T to replace. I went to Costco to have them put on, and they said these tires are not recommend for this truck and that can't put them on, but if I had a 4x4 they would.

Question 1: Is this the factory installed tire for my truck with the TRD package?

Question 2: Why would they be recommended on a 4x4 but not a 2x4?

The guy said I could get a smaller tire...pfff

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, now I have to. I had the guy out there looking at it, and he knew there was enough clearance, esp since I had 31's on it. But I really want to find out what tires it came from the dealer with...

·
Premium Member
2,391 Posts
find another guy. some of the costco people are pretty dumb. and your stock tire size should be 31X10.5x15 should say taht on your door jam

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
some places can only follow the guidelines set by reccomendations...to avoid lawsuits. i had this problem with my dakota, my profile was too low for the weight rating...so i just went in on a different day and bought the tires i wanted...just the tires, and then came back a week later and said "hey how much would it cost for you guys to mount these tires?" lol sounds stupid but totally worked. it was the same exact tire place the whole time too.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Yah im having teh same problem with costco. My recommend tire size is 31's and i want 32's since thats what i have on it now. They said they couldnt put it on but if i buy the tires and come back with the current rims and tires off the truck they would mount them.

·
Registered
190 Posts
The other option would be remove the wheels and take them over there, they will mount whatever tires you want on whatever rims. Like others said, they wont do it if they can see the vehicle and its out of the 'recommended' junk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts