Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Tacoma
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all not sure if I’m posting in the right area. New to the forum. AnywY for the past months I’ve had my cel on and same code always. P0130 and p0133. Now reading around after first changing both 02s and cleaning the cat out. I’ve also cleaned MAF throttle body and egr. Changed fuel filter new plugs and vsv. I’m at a loss of what to check or look for. I got a freeze frame attached as well. Any help or experience with this issue would be awesome...getting only 130 140 miles on a fill up is killing me and not being able to cruise on 5th on the highway sucks and also she only got 94k one her!! Thanks in advance!!!

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,728 Posts
The list of probable causes for P0130 / P0133 (both) is:

Open or short in heated oxygen sensor circuit
Heated oxygen sensor
Air induction system
Fuel pressure
Injector
ECM

You've replaced both O2 sensors.

Assuming your Taco is bone stock (no mods) I'd suggest searching for a wiring / electrical problem in the sensor circuits and / or testing your fuel pressure.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,728 Posts
Here (attached) is the 2000 federal (non-California) engine control wiring diagram. If you're getting P0130 / P0133 those are federal (other than California) codes.

You'll need to check / trace the wiring shown that connects to the OX1 / OX2 and HT1 / HT2 terminals on the ECM. Both sensor circuits ground to ground point EB at or around the throttle body.

Attachments

·
Registered
2000 Tacoma
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here (attached) is the 2000 federal (non-California) engine control wiring diagram. If you're getting P0130 / P0133 those are federal (other than California) codes.

You'll need to check / trace the wiring shown that connects to the OX1 / OX2 and HT1 / HT2 terminals on the ECM. Both sensor circuits ground to ground point EB at or around the throttle body.
Okok well that looks like a mission I have to go on lol...but ty very much hopefully it’s a leak or something simple will list updates. Any other chime ins still wanted as well...

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,728 Posts
A leak somewhere in the exhaust system upstream of the rearmost O2 sensor might explain it.

Didn't you check for leaks when you were dealing with the cat?

·
Registered
2000 Tacoma
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A leak somewhere in the exhaust system upstream of the rearmost O2 sensor might explain it.

I mean I thought a vac leak but I’m not sure no other Toyota’s to compare with and it seemed subtle so not 100% sure. But I looked under at the tranny where the 02 is kinda slipped the black wire cover back didn’t really see anything but normally and idle drop while not moving seems like a vac or air leak no?

·
Registered
2000 Tacoma
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Oh also forgot to mention when I had cleaned the cat and the code came back I had unplugged it and got a code for coolant temp??

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,728 Posts
Getting a coolant temp sensor code might be a clue, but it depends on which code it is.

One thing that could trigger a coolant temp code and might be relevant is a leak somewhere in the exhaust system.

On the other hand ... A bad ECT sensor (or a wiring fault in its circuit) might prevent the ECM from knowing when the engine is warm and thus prevent it from evaluating the HO2 sensors' inputs.

A problem with the HO2 sensors or their wiring can trigger some ECT codes. The reverse is not explicitly cited in the FSM, so I don't know whether an ECT fault would end up throwing an HO2 code.

·
Registered
2000 Tacoma
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Getting a coolant temp sensor code might be a clue, but it depends on which code it is.

One thing that could trigger a coolant temp code and might be relevant is a leak somewhere in the exhaust system.

On the other hand ... A bad ECT sensor (or a wiring fault in its circuit) might prevent the ECM from knowing when the engine is warm and thus prevent it from evaluating the HO2 sensors' inputs.

A problem with the HO2 sensors or their wiring can trigger some ECT codes. The reverse is not explicitly cited in the FSM, so I don't know whether an ECT fault would end up throwing an HO2 code.
Ok sorry been busy lately...now all abbreviations got me a little lost...I’m bout to just drop her off at a shop lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts