Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do they put out the same power as the second generation? are the differences only cosmetic?

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
radtcma said:
do they put out the same power as the second generation? are the differences only cosmetic?
I believe they are the same chargers, just the 1st gen has a two piece casting, and the 2nd is a one piece casting, or so I have read.

I have the 1st gen, and it works great.:waytogo:

Swanie

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
swanie2000 said:
I believe they are the same chargers, just the 1st gen has a two piece casting, and the 2nd is a one piece casting, or so I have read.

I have the 1st gen, and it works great.:waytogo:

Swanie
:exactly:

·
Waxed to Perfection
5,658 Posts
You looking to do some burnouts??? LOL I mean someplace besides my lawn??

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
ALL THE SAME!!!!!!! Eaton m62 same blower as a Pontiac grand prix, and many other cars all interchangeable parts :lol: and people keep calling it a trd,:lol: :lol: :lol: my gen 2 was shot so i got a bad gen 1 and rebuild it then rebuilt the gen 2 model and sold it to but my URD kit and they can be ported out for better flow, personally i like the gen 1 better because it is louder due to the hosing Chang. Read this thread and take notes and get schooled how to rebuild them.:waytogo: http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?p=842168#post842168
gen 1 after rebuild and before headers :waytogo:

·
Registered
344 Posts
Damn that is a clean engine compartment! Did you do anything to the blower to get it that shiny? Very nice.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
dprofeta said:
Damn that is a clean engine compartment! Did you do anything to the blower to get it that shiny? Very nice.
I rebuilt the hole thing and it runs better + has a litter more psi than my gen 1 new,,,,and painted it after alota sanding and prep work on the eaton m62s ruff ass manifold and housing :waytogo: thanks

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
h2oplaydamian said:
ALL THE SAME!!!!!!! Eaton m62 same blower as a Pontiac grand prix, and many other cars all interchangeable parts :lol: and people keep calling it a trd,:lol: :lol: :lol: http://
it may have something to do with the fact that the casing says TRD on it :rolleyes: why does yours say it too? why didn't you fix that, and relabel it eaton?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts