Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Designed for lifted 95.5-04 4x4 / prerunner trucks with driveline vibrations. It will drop the carrier bearing down 2-3/8" the correct way and also bolts to the OEM hole in the cross member above to rid this area of unwanted flex. 15 minute installation. I know a couple of you guys on here need this. This bracket has cured driveline vibrations on about 12 Tundra's now. 2nd Gen Tacoma coming real soon.

The 95.5 - 04 4x4 / PR one is here finally and available on my website. :clapping:

Before (95.5 - 04)

After (shown on Tundra)

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
right on, i'm glad i found this.

gonna order one next week, quality looks great!

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. If your driveshaft looks like this first picture, you can most likely benefit from using one of these. I just shipped one to Puerto Rico and another to England and will post results once I hear back from them. These have been a Godsend for the Tundra and I'm hoping for the same outcome with the first gen trucks. :waytogo:

They now use a 5/16" grade 8 bolt up top that will fit through the little hole in the cross member. Pictured is a 1/2" bolt, but I chose to switch to one that will slip right through so you're not forced to drill the hole in your cross member to 1/2". This will ensure a easy bolt on installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
just placed my order for one of these

looking foreward to getting it on the truck

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just got back from a weeks holiday to find mine has arrived. Gonna get it plated and painted in work next week, Brian left it in the raw state for me as requested.
Should get around to fitting it next weekend so should have pictures then.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Right, after getting the bracket off Brian Ive had it cadmium plated and painted in work to prevent corrosion.

Fitted yesterday evening, only took about half an hour and took the truck to work this morning to test it out.

I wasnt suffering from any driveline problems, vibration etc prior to installation but I was concerned about the angle on the rear section of the propshaft.

Bracket made no difference to the feel of the truck but has improved the rear angles as can be seen on the following pictures.

Propshaft before

Angle of propshaft after

Thanks Brian

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Brian,

Will this one fit my 98 5lug too?

Looking at your site, it looks like this is the same part:

Carrier Bearing Drop Bracket 95.5 -04 Tacoma 4x4 / Prerunner

B
I'll find out for you. I have a feeling it will. :waytogo:

this looks nice much better than the one i made
I'd like to see what you made, can you post a pic?

·
Registered
431 Posts
got mine on over the weekend. great products, thanks Brian!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I put mine in about 3 weeks and 250 miles ago. So far so good. I've got a 5 inch tuff country lift and and a little vibration between 10-20mph. The drop helped to vibration for sure and seems to have tightened everything else up as well. Great product and Brian was great to work with.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks. If your driveshaft looks like this first picture, you can most likely benefit from using one of these. I just shipped one to Puerto Rico and another to England and will post results once I hear back from them. These have been a Godsend for the Tundra and I'm hoping for the same outcome with the first gen trucks. :waytogo:

They now use a 5/16" grade 8 bolt up top that will fit through the little hole in the cross member. Pictured is a 1/2" bolt, but I chose to switch to one that will slip right through so you're not forced to drill the hole in your cross member to 1/2". This will ensure a easy bolt on installation.
Where can I get this center support drop down bracket?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts