Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks ago, I felt the 1st and 2nd gear grinding really hard. The grinding is not present all the time but it comes back chronically. It only happens on low speed i think (1st gear and beginning of 2nd gear).

Is this the transmission problem some owners had in the past? I hope not because I am not in the mood to deal with two transmission failure in the same calendar year (first on other car before X-Runner).

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts
I changed to MT 90 today.I will soon find out if it helps. My tranny grinds when I would engage 5th above 110 or so. How am I supposed to show this to the dealership. I tried at several different ones, No one wants to ride with me a that speed....:evil:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks. Gotta remove the URD SS first :( probably this weekend... (not to mention I turned 45 min installation to 2 day stretch)

*EDIT*

i just searched the forum a bit and got reminded...

i feel like i am using the blender with chunk of potato in there. i thought transmission problem was not affecting 06... oh well..

·
Registered
215 Posts
yep i just removed my ss and took it in for these problems, I got a new shifter assembly , clutch, and tranny......all at no cost, just drove it home about an hour ago and it feels like a different vehicle, it almost feels like it has a ss on it now and the tranny feels flawless..........needless to say I'm happy....take it in.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts