Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,does anybody here know if the X is belt driven or chain driven?I've been hearing different stories.:confused:

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Re: Timing belt or timing chain?

chain

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thank for reply,but I went to dealer today,the "MASTER" technician told me the X is belt drive,he said he is DAMN sure!

·
Registered
5,471 Posts

Nope..its Chain
Gadget has confirmed it as well..They are Master Morons sometimes..One time I took my XR there and a Tech was like OHHH does that got the 3.4 S/C on it

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Awesome,thank you.I guess they are master morons,:looney:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

HAHAHA,I live in Beaverton,Oregon.I will be posting my X photo after I take my snow tires off.:draggin:

·
StepSIde
3,295 Posts

:funnyup: to verify that it is a chain simply remove the oil filler cap and look inside. it is the easiest way to make a fool out of theMASTER TECH!:selfbonk:

·
Registered
484 Posts

THATS A DUMBASS TECH...MOST BELTS ARE BEHIND A PLASTIC COVER..AND CHAINS ARE MOSTLY BEHIND METALL:selfbonk: :selfbonk:

·
Registered
502 Posts

Yep, your right.. I was doing my oil change and you can see it bright as day... Unless they are making the belts look like chains.. ROFL....

·
Registered
774 Posts

How often should the chain be checked and adjusted despite having VVTi?

·
Registered
484 Posts

The Chain Has A Self Adjusting Hydraulic Or Spring Loaded Tensioner...there Is Actualy 3 Chains Inside The Engine..one From The Crankshaft To Both Intake Cams And 2 Little Ones ( One On Each Side) From The Intake Cam To The Exhaust Cam The Little Ones Is What Your Seeing When You Take Off Your Oil Cap...they Usualy Last A Long Time About 150k To Over 200k

·
Registered
774 Posts

Do they need to be adjusted often to ensure proper timing?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts