Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup peeps,
Wanted to hop on here and see if any one has the answer that I’m looking for. Got someone parting out an xtracab Tacoma with power windows. Wanted to know if the swap from manual window door panels to electric window door panels?! I’m also assuming if the door panels are interchange I’ll need all the mechanical components.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts
What year is your Taco, and what year is the XtraCab donor vehicle?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,972 Posts
If you're going to try an OEM power window transplant you're going to need the master switch, the door panels, etc. In other words, there are a lot of parts in the donor doors that are specific to the power window setup.

If it's a junked truck and you're pressed for time the most straightforward thing would be to simply take both doors. If they're in good shape you might just transplant them onto your Taco. Otherwise, you can strip them at your leisure.

The other problem is that the power for the window motors is routed through the Door Lock Control Relay (see attached wiring diagram), so you'll either have to get the relay as well or figure out how to wire things without it.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts