Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
yea you could dude.. but uhh.. they're gonna be way dim.. 194's are only 5w... arent those 921's like 15w or somethin?
im checking with the judges now...ooohh sorry we cant accept that answer. 921's are larger, brighter, and unfortunately hotter than 194's (even xenon super white 194's). i have them in my front corners. it was a lot brighter, but because they set off so much heat it melted the connector on the lens, on one side. other people have had similar problems with meltdowns. be forewarned. you can get away with it if you are lucky, but i definetly recommend against putting them in the 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
921's wont fit, the lense hits the bulb on the 3rd brake light, they are nice and bright but the lense wont fit, but why you wanna put 194's instead of 921's in your tailights andy?

·
[]D [] []D
22,705 Posts
im checking with the judges now...ooohh sorry we cant accept that answer. 921's are larger, brighter, and unfortunately hotter than 194's (even xenon super white 194's). i have them in my front corners. it was a lot brighter, but because they set off so much heat it melted the connector on the lens, on one side. other people have had similar problems with meltdowns. be forewarned. you can get away with it if you are lucky, but i definetly recommend against putting them in the 3rd brake light.
thats a whole lot of great info, but it had nothin to do with what andy asked

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
checking with judges now...yes its true i read backwards. my bad. so you want to change a 921 to a 194 huh? well it will be dimmer as pip said. should have known better to question the pipasaurus rex.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts