Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
18\'s

would the djm kit 3/4 be cool for 18" rims? can i drop it a little more than the 3/4? i have the djm kit and 2 inch lowered coils from AIM and also planning to take the middle leaf spring out...would it be too low for 18s? my [censored] is still standin stock...can yall let me know if its cool or not?
thanks

D

·
0 Posts
Re: 18\'s

have you seen slamdtaco's truck? he has like a 6/7 drop on 18's! im doing the exact same drop as you 2 inch springs and the djm 3/4 kit and removing the rear leaf springs. I made some measurements and i have a set of 18s on my truck and there will still be a little wheel gap depending on your tires but i have lo pros

·
Premium Member
6,671 Posts

I used the djm 3/4 kit and put 17's in 215/45/17 and i have enough wheel space for 18's and mmmmaybe 19's but that would be rubbin probably. I imagine you could drop it with the kit and 18's no problem but 2 inch drop coils and the middle leaf may requre some plastic work in your wheelwells. You know you have to c-notch it if you are going to pull the middle leaf right? I have it down with the kit and also want to go lower but am taking some time to fiqure out which way i want to go. Hope i helped a little bit

D

·
0 Posts

i have 18's with 225/40 tires and from what i figured out i have room enough to do a 5/6 drop my tires will rub when i hit bumps though, but the plastic on the inner fenderwalls are also slightly bumped out leaving more room to drop. im gonna do what some of the other guys did and remove the bumpstops and put a piece of rubber in

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts

Also you may want to remove the plastic inner fenders completely, front and rear.

·
Registered
13 Posts

What type of C-notch is it, weld on or bolt on also did u have to relocate the brake proportioning valve? Got any pics?

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts

I was looking at the bolt on c-notch, anybody have anything to say about these? I know bolts sound a little shady for your frame, but since your still leave about half of you original frame thickness, and doubling up the steel through that thin section it seems pretty stable, especially since you would only have single thick steel running through the narrow section with a weld on, not to mention that it is bolted down with like at least a dozen bolts through the top, bottom and side....anybody ever have any experience with these?

·
Registered
13 Posts

On my previous truck which was a F-150 I had a 5/7 drop with a bolt in c-notch. I put 195,000 miles on that truck and never had a problem with the notch.

·
Premium Member
8,245 Posts

Thanks for the info man, that's all i needed to hear, i think i'm gonna order one, cause when i do my djm kit, i'm going to go ahead and do 2" drop springs and pull a leaf too. I've got friends with a shop, they can do everything i need for the drop/notch except a welder, so a bolt on is the route for me!

·
Premium Member
13,639 Posts

People with 18x7s usually use 215/35/18. That is a very low profile tire. I went with 18x8 with 225/40/18. It's a personal preference really.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts