Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I
rebuilt my hole blower for around 150.00 including the gas driving around , I went to world wide bearings and ordered all the bearings for the M62 blower and on the fins of the turbines the paint coating was a little worn, i taped the ends and ran a thin coat of hi temp aluminum paint to compensate from the wear on the paint due to running with out oil on my filter and in the inner housing i used aluminum polish and a polish wheel and had all the bearings pressed out and new ones pressed in at the machine shop for $20.00 Evan the two rear bearings but the two on the gear to turbine bearings could not be replaced, only magnuson could replace them but they seldom wear out, you must check if the turbines are hitting if so your screwed , every bearing and the oil seal upgraded coupler and supercharger oil can be ordered at worldwide bearings phone # 973 227 4007 if you only want to rebuild the nose gear and your shaft is not worn the kit its about $60.00 with top quality bearings if you shaft is worn a machine shop can welded then retool it for about $40.00

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also took a few mill of aluminum off the inlet port with a dremel and polished that and also on the exhaust end of the m62 housing for better flow, a company is charging $300 just to do that to magnusons blowers, I used a paint mill tester and it was 3 mill, after scoring the lines with a blade i chipped away the old paint with a painters 5 in 1 tool and went up to 4 mill and hoping and praying to the gods that it would clear and assembled it all and gave it a spin , no rubin so after powder coating the blower reassembling with the clean black bolts i put it all on and ;) all 9.3 psi on a 2.1 Pulley.:headbang: I shoulda took photos ! any one with a average IQ can rebuild a m62 it was very easy and besides the URD kit the removal and install took about an hour or so.but not the rebuild :lol: :lol: :funnyup: :lol: :funnyup: And people are sending there blowers back to magnuson for all that $$$$

1 - 2 of 2 Posts