Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Made a vid of a friend's turbo/nitrous 2RZ Tacoma. LC Engineering long block, TH350 trans with trans brake (mated to motor with LC adapter plate), LC Toyota to Chevy 3,000 stall converter, Toyota rear end with 4.11s and locker. Awesome truck. 11.55 @ 113 MPH.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice work on the engine, now it's time for him to build his suspension lol, the truck is rocking like a boat on rough waters!
It's built that way. 90/10 drag shocks in the front. Little damping on rebound and more damping on compression for a better launch and weight transfer. CalTracs in the rear.

·
Registered
6,923 Posts
Looks good, hopefully I will have an LS1 in my truck soon and maybe I can get it to go down the track like that someday, I miss my 23 psi of boost...:cry:

Good run, thats a nice time. You dont see many Toyotas running a TH350 trans..:evil:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Im just getting into the boosted taco word(but i have built many other cars) just seems like alot of work to go 11.50's

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Im just getting into the boosted taco word(but i have built many other cars) just seems like alot of work to go 11.50's
Ya it is, well lets put it this way.

Tacoma- ~5k at most for a clean truck with decent miles.
Build- 10-13k for all internals, turbo kit, suspension, eye candy, blah blah.
Look on peoples face when their 50k V8 gets stomped by a 4cyl pickup- Priceless.

To ME thats what its about, is having some little sleeper that will surprise the **** out of passengers and others on the road.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Ya it is, well lets put it this way.

Tacoma- ~5k at most for a clean truck with decent miles.
Build- 10-13k for all internals, turbo kit, suspension, eye candy, blah blah.
Look on peoples face when their 50k V8 gets stomped by a 4cyl pickup- Priceless.

To ME thats what its about, is having some little sleeper that will surprise the **** out of passengers and others on the road.
I'm sure he has way more than 12k into the motor (probably 25) but yea.... killer truck...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts