Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally ran my 01 S-Runner in the 1/8th last night and ran a 9.0!! What is everyone else runnin? I'm supercharged with a few mods

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I have yet to tackle the 8th with mine, but here at my local track, I've been watching alot of turbo Honda's running the 8th anywhere between 9-low 10's. There are some bigger hitters running low to mid 8's but those are few. I watched a pro street Corolla (2jz) run a 7 flat, and a stock GTR run an 8.
I'm still adding a few things for launch and traction before getting a baseline to go by when I finally get around to the S/C.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The one time I brought my SR to the local track I could not catch traction to save my life. Spinning first and second no matter how I feather the thottle (no lsd), I could only muster mid- high 10s in the 1/8th...

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I'm running a regular Nitto 555. Just wanted to get more rubber on the pavement, but still drive it daily. Like I said, I'm just getting some things done on order so when I get around to boosting the power output, I want to be able to plant it. Hopefully I'll be putting in the Detroit True Trac, LCE flywheel, and new clutch in tomorrow. Next will proabably be a rear 4 link and some adjustables.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
I ran a 9.1 w/ turboed 2rz at 7psi w/ a 1.9 60 foot. Hopefully w/ a built motor and 20psi I can get it into the low 8s! We'll have to see when I get back. :evil:

·
Registered
720 Posts
There is no track prep at our "so-called" track so cutting a sub 2 sec 60 foot is kinda hard without decent rubber and/or a LSD. I'm sure other SD folks will chime in... lol

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have yet to tackle the 8th with mine, but here at my local track, I've been watching alot of turbo Honda's running the 8th anywhere between 9-low 10's. There are some bigger hitters running low to mid 8's but those are few. I watched a pro street Corolla (2jz) run a 7 flat, and a stock GTR run an 8.
I'm still adding a few things for launch and traction before getting a baseline to go by when I finally get around to the S/C.
Sounds like a lot of none drivers there lol

·
slow poke
3,098 Posts
I finally ran my 01 S-Runner in the 1/8th last night and ran a 9.0!! What is everyone else runnin? I'm supercharged with a few mods
nice job on the 9.0 1/8th :waytogo:

Here's my most recent trip to the track (over 2 years ago). Lot of room for improvement in the 60'. After this run I decided to quit going to the track until the truck wasn't my daily driver.

60' was 2.268
8th was 9.086 @79.69mph
1/4 was 13.989 @99.19mph

and in the cab:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts