·
Registered
51 Posts
How are you doing your drop? I'd like to drop mine 1 or 2 inches max. Tim

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its a kit by SOS performance. The front of the truck is lowered by the spring perches, and the back is 2" blocks. I have an X-runner though, and for it to work for a regular taco you'll need X_Runner front springs. they also have a 1.5/1.5, and i think an even lower one than the one i bought, i think its a 2/3. get on the website, and get the phone number. they're cool over there, call them and tell them what you would like to do. www.sosperf.com

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I might have to sell my 22's just so I can get this drop kit! Damn you Jon!:D
Maybe I'll have some nice 20's made.:waytogo:

·
Registered
419 Posts
Looks hawt :drool:

Any problems with tire clearance?

·
Registered
916 Posts
DMC said:
Maybe I'll have some nice 20's made.:waytogo:
Only you D.. :bow:

I can order you some stupid expensive wheels if that would suit your tastes a little better. Custom Offset and all :lol:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Ta-low-ma said:
Only you D.. :bow:

I can order you some stupid expensive wheels if that would suit your tastes a little better. Custom Offset and all :lol:
Ahhh...we'll have to talk about that at your B-Day bash when I seen you next week!:waytogo:

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
theres no way that thing wont have any tire clearance problems. if all the fender wells and fender arches were all left alone...i wont go that low ever again, i went 3/5 with my dakota and it looks so sweet but my wheels would just shave the front fenders on big bumps. f'd up my tires and pulled the metal of my fender down when it hit. had to constantly rebend it up. never bottomed out though... anyone wana buy a dakota? its lowered...haha.

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
dakinisbatman said:
theres no way that thing wont have any tire clearance problems. if all the fender wells and fender arches were all left alone...i wont go that low ever again, i went 3/5 with my dakota and it looks so sweet but my wheels would just shave the front fenders on big bumps. f'd up my tires and pulled the metal of my fender down when it hit. had to constantly rebend it up. never bottomed out though... anyone wana buy a dakota? its lowered...haha.
ACTULLY, i dont really. the front is 100% perfect. no rubbing. the back touches the inside of the fender wheel at the bottom of the stroke, but ill fix tomorrow. i am very suprised there isnt more rubbing, but it rides better than stock :waytogo:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Jonathan said:
ACTULLY, i dont really. the front is 100% perfect. no rubbing. the back touches the inside of the fender wheel at the bottom of the stroke, but ill fix tomorrow. i am very suprised there isnt more rubbing, but it rides better than stock :waytogo:
Wow I'm jealous...it looks awesome bro...

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well shoot, then the tacoma is kick ass for lowering. maybe i could go that low....hehehe :evil: when i talked to sos perf they said they had a kit that was 2/3 or a 3/4... i dont remember. which kit is the one you installed?

·
Registered
8,466 Posts
dakinisbatman said:
well shoot, then the tacoma is kick ass for lowering. maybe i could go that low....hehehe :evil: when i talked to sos perf they said they had a kit that was 2/3 or a 3/4... i dont remember. which kit is the one you installed?
djm. with the style of the sos, anything lower than 1.5 and your truck will ride like ****.

·
1GTACO
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jonathan said:
djm. with the style of the sos, anything lower than 1.5 and your truck will ride like ****.
gotcha...my dak has the djm kit, (lower a's and shackles/hangers) the only gripe i had was that the lower control arms with the kit were like 2 times as heavy as stock. but i guess thats all unsprung weight. never broke or anything though, ive been drivin it for about 3years like that.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts