Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,592 Posts
So I could even possibly have a wire hooked in somewhere that when I turn my ignition key on it could supply power into the fuel sending unit circuit? ...
I don't know about your setup specifically. I do know that some antitheft brains get cross-wired into ignition / starting / fuel supply circuits so the unit can prevent the vehicle from being started without the ignition key.

In any case, the fact someone's been monkeying with the wiring behind the left kick panel doesn't exactly help keep things simple and stock when you're trying to figure out a fault.

I can't find anything in the wiring diagrams that clearly suggests modifying lines connected to the fuel pump could or should affect the fuel sender circuit.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So just an update......
I sourced a gauge cluster out of the exact same truck with exact same gauge cluster part numbers and just got it put in....I have got 180 miles miles on my full tank fill up this week and old cluster was reading slightly above 3/4 of a tank. Put new cluster in and it’s right at half a tank I would say I fix the problem...yayThank you so much for all your help it’s greatly appreciated and hopefully this thread help someone else so they

21 - 22 of 22 Posts