Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently decided to change the rear door speakers in the 05 access cab, without the jbl pkg. and when I removed the old speakers, they appeared to be of the worst quality I have ever seen. They magnet was litereally the size of a walnut and the cone was computer paper thin. Maybe all the new cars are using cheap audio but I was surprised on this one.

·
Registered
536 Posts
while they might be cheap, they sound pretty good for a stock setup. people are always amazed that i haven't touched the speakers and still get pretty rich deep bass.

i'm satisfied with it until i can afford my new setup. :shrug:

·
Registered
13 Posts
my only complaint is when you have the bass turned up and you have it on say like washing your car...my access doors rattle... I'm gonna fix that when I get them new sub panels with some leftover dynomat from my last car...but still from the factory, it shouldn't do that

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Brian, you have an x right? They come stock with the JBL system so they probably sound good, the factory non-jbls are a joke, I will try and post a pic of the speaker.

·
www.LiquidAss.com
3,345 Posts
drew02 said:
Brian, you have an x right? They come stock with the JBL system so they probably sound good, the factory non-jbls are a joke, I will try and post a pic of the speaker.

I don't know about that. I have an XR and the speakers have plastic baskets as far as I recall and a magnet the size of a nickel or quarter.

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
my speakers sounds clean as hell and get pretty loud, i dunno about you guys. Maybe it's because the bass is on 1 because any higher and my sub takes over. One thing that i do notice is that my sub and music can be blaring inside the car, but outside it's not even all that loud.

·
Tacorpulent HP
2,306 Posts
yep everything stock except for that fat sub and beautiful amp and it knocks and sounds great. better than any of my friends cars by far. Bass is set at +1 and treble at +4

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Xacto said:
yep everything stock except for that fat sub and beautiful amp and it knocks and sounds great. better than any of my friends cars by far. Bass is set at +1 and treble at +4
what are you using for your hi-low conversion?

·
Registered
88 Posts
drew02 said:
FYI, they dont put the JBL system in the x runners or any of the access cab models. Here is a link to some info on the JBL system... http://www.jbltoyota.com/toyota_tacoma/default.asp

They can only put that system in the double cab because it has the space behind the rear seats to put the small puny subwoofer in.

·
Registered
885 Posts
I was noticing on my way to work today...considering the info in this thread, those stock speakers ain't half bad. I've got a 50x4 panasonic head unit with the stock speakers...and I had it turned up pretty loud today & noticed that vibration in my rearview mirror you get from good clean bass notes...not like earth shattering dB dragrace quality or anything...but loud enough that you couldn't tell my windows were down & I was doing 80 mph, and there was no rattle or distortion. Considering walnut sized magnets & thin paper cones, its pretty impressive if you ask me.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea....I too was supprised to see what a cheap piece of S#@%! speaker my tacoma had in it...also considering what a pretty good sound it had with the factory head unit.....I guess it would be ok for grandpa whos buying a truck to beat and bang around on the farm, that needs something to listen to his bluegrass music on....but other than that....upgrade...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts