Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:shrug: i have the 4.0 liter with the k&n, and lately ive been noticing this wierd sound at low rpm, like its struggling to suck up air but i dont feel any difference just hear something, or maybe somthing is loose i have no idea?

·
Registered
127 Posts
the tube might be vibrating and hitting the box, mine was doing that i just put a piece of the rubber tube around the hole.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where at around the hose the whole thing or just certain parts. if u got some pics man it would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
127 Posts
around the hole in the box.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Rubbing alcohol may be ok, but it may also dry up rubber seals. Good question though! I don't know the best way, but using a cloth sounds good. I would do that then install a fresh dryflow filter and see if the problem persists.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
i had almost the same problem with my 3.4 k&n intake, I called the tech depatment and asked if it was normal. The lady on the other said, "that was cute", then told me it was normal.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
dont touch the maf with a rag..lord you will break it..use something to just pour on it to clean it...u can use rubbing alcohol just pour it on the resistor and not the whole thing...justa little bit to clean it off...then let it dry and put it back in. dont go touching the actual resitor with anything...

·
Registered
829 Posts
so just poor it on the little brownish thing right? thats the resistor? just want to make sure. cause i want to clean mine too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts