Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its a tad dirty, right after i installed it i was on my way out to occotillo and haven't had time to wash it yet. Tell me what you think!

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
Looks good, people will give you crap about it being a K&N intake, but your truck is a good looking truck, notice a change in performance? so K&N makes their intakes different now? werent they black before? kinda looks like an Injen intake, :waytogo::waytogo:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Definitely noticed an increase in HP in my "test drive" after the install. Sounds pretty burly too. I'm happy.:D

As for the look, We have an FJ cruiser i just installed an Airraid intake on and that's all just a flat black shield and cone so i'm not sure. A buddy of mine installed one on his older Eclipse and it looks similar to mine now so i'm not sure.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
maybe they make them in black and polished? im not familiar with it, but thats besides the point, whats next for your truck?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For now, just this Gibson exhaust and window tint.

but later...OOOOH!

if somehow it all gets figured out to make it work, this is what i want:
Total Chaos Control Arms
HOES all around
Deaver Leaf Pack
Sliders
Cage
Spare Tire Mount
In-door mounted subs and system

We'll just see how xmas goes!

·
Black Beauty
1,458 Posts
what type of k&n is it?

·
YEP... I'MMA DOUCH3
10,933 Posts
I've never been to Jesus Christ Toyota, Firdaddy! I'm a Christian, do you think they'll give me a discount there?:shrug:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I purchased the K&N air charger cold air intake which is the black plastic intake. It actually outflows the aluminum intake and produces 2 more horsepower. Right now there are 3 intakes for the 2005 2.7 liter. 2 from K&N and 1 from AFE which is also a nice enclosed unit similar to Volant.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the k&n cold air 77 series intake. I guess the 63 series is illegal here in cali? (that's what it said on their website) So I just settled for that. I like it but us 4 banger guys do have ugly engines. Oh well, you don't have to look at it when the hood is shut. Thanks guys!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts