Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2wd prerunner and i am going to drop it soon, i guess the kit is about 3-4 inch drop with an Axel flip kit so i guess that brings me down to a 2wd mini stance. I am Rollin on 18x9.5 stock BBS front and rear wrapped with 285/50/18 front and rear do you think i will clear my tires or should i after the drop go with 295/45/18s in the rear and 275/45/18 in the front ? any of you guys Rollin staggered? Will that look *******? staggered on a taco
__________________ ( edited not a pretaco :shrug: )http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?p=851726#post851726

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
4drTACOMA said:
what kinda kit do you have?
dont have one yet but i have seen one on line that will drop me 3 or 4 inches, its a coil over kit with shocks and a rear flip kit for $475.00 if ys need the link i can look it up for you .

·
Registered
185 Posts
I just posted in the suspension forum about a 3-4 drop. Whats the link to the kit you found? How soon you plan on installing it? Lets see some pics

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4drTACOMA said:
I just posted in the suspension forum about a 3-4 drop. Whats the link to the kit you found? How soon you plan on installing it? Lets see some pics
http://www.airridepro.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=81064 first is tire clearance because its getting time to get new tires, i wanna run a wide tire not the gay looking narrow low pros that every one runs like a 245/45 manly like a 295/45 not that wide of a tire but as wide as i can go with my rims

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
4drTACOMA said:
How you plannin to do the rear? What type of flip kit?
just a simple flip kit, you know,,,,,, but ill have to grind down the bumper stops on the frame simple:waytogo: ..... this guy dropped his taco but hes running narrow tires
ya, the kit will let you go lower and they claim it will line up. but i wana know what tire to run and uh what size are you running on you 18x9s got any photos of your truck ?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
with the 285/50/18's i think you will have issues on the front..i have the same size tire but a 8.5" wide rim and when i do a lock-to-lock, there is about 2" clearence from the fenderwell to the tire..

let us know what you do to lower it...others maybe interested.

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
03TacoPre said:
with the 285/50/18's i think you will have issues on the front..i have the same size tire but a 8.5" wide rim and when i do a lock-to-lock, there is about 2" clearence from the fenderwell to the tire..

let us know what you do to lower it...others maybe interested.
did you brop your truck ?

·
Registered
7 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts