Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a pinout for my 2004 2rz 5spd Tacoma. Does anybody have one? I'm trying to gather the necessary info for the turbo swap, but so far haven't been able to track down the pinout for my year ECM. Thanks!

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,733 Posts
Here's the 2004 2RZ engine control wiring diagram ...

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,733 Posts
Welcome to CT ...

Did this 2000 2RZ come out of a Tacoma?
  • If so - California or Federal spec?
  • If not - what?
Do you have the 2000 whatever-it-is ECM that goes with that engine?
Is the 1986 Pickup a US domestic market Toyota Pickup or an international market Hilux?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Welcome to CT ...

Did this 2000 2RZ come out of a Tacoma?
  • If so - California or Federal spec?
  • If not - what?
Do you have the 2000 whatever-it-is ECM that goes with that engine?
Is the 1986 Pickup a US domestic market Toyota Pickup or an international market Hilux?
Yes it came out of a Tacoma. I believe federal but I’m not entirely sure. I have the ecm. It’s a domestic pickup. Rn50.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,733 Posts
OK - Thanks for the clarifications ...

First, a comment ... The 1986 USDM Toyota Pickup is an entirely different species from a 2000 USDM Tacoma. The '86 is two entire generations distant from the '00. Transplanting a 2RZ into a truck designed for a 22RE is going to involve some serious wiring adaptations. For example, the '00 ECM is expecting inputs from sensors the '86 never had.

I mention this because you gave the impression you may not be all that experienced with wiring stuff. This swap is going to involve a lot of wiring / control issues. Just sayin' ...

Moving on ...

Here (attached) is the 2000 2RZ Federal (non-Cali) engine control wiring diagram.

I've got nothing to offer on the 1985-1988 Toyota Pickups. Sorry ...

For more documentation and info on the '86 I recommend you check over at Toyota Minis (the forum dedicated to the pre-Tacoma pickups):

Hope this helps, and good luck with the swap project ...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks man that definitely helps. I can learn my way through it. I’m sure I’ll be back with more questions though!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 1.6 NB miata imported from germany. Now, the germans had a special case for what kind of electronics are in the car and i cant find a pinout diagram anywhere (i want to go standalone). Im going to use a Trionic 5.5 ECU and i have the pinout digram for it.
But i need to wire up the car correctly so that i dont face any issues just because i accidentally put one wire in the wrong pin.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the middle of doing my wiring for my 3.4 swap and found this to be a huge help. I am using a auto harness with a manual ecu and trans. I knew the pinnouts were the same but this helped me figure out which wires from the harness that I didnt need at all. Thanks for your effort and help!

shareit vidmate

·
Registered
2 Posts
have a stupid question. I'm converting my 2004 DCSB 3.4L Auto 4x4 to a Manual 4x4. I'm going to track down an ECU from a 2004 Tacoma 4x4 Ext Cab, just to make things simple as I have throttle-by-wire. My dumb question is, by looking at the PDF submitted by "Mosk", I only have to re-pin ONE wire??? This seems almost TOO easy! Am I looking at this correctly? I see there are a bunch of wires that are N/A, which, from what I understand, are not in use. But, I only have to relocate one wire to a new pin?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,733 Posts
I can't guarantee that there's only one wire that has to be re-routed. When we compiled the information for the conversion guidebook we were drawing on reported experiences of people who'd done it. There might be year-specific or mode-specific details that weren't accounted for in the wiring document, because we had no way of testing all the possible combinations and permutations.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts