Toyota Tacoma Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a fabtech 6 inch lift installed but i cant install the rear shackle becasue there is a metal sleeve molded to the rubber bushing where the new shackle bolt goes and i cant get it out.

i was told it was bad to force it out and that i have the wrong shackle for my truck by acouple people. if anyone with an 02 mini taco with a fabtech shackles isntalled have any advice or anyone else for that matter im all ears.

trucks been like this for a while and would really like to get these things installed!

thanks

trtle

· Registered
1,722 Posts
The shackles should have come with a set of replacement bushings, Burn the OEM bushings out with a torch and install the Fabtechs.

Why those shackles are drilled for a 18mm(?) bolt and don't use a sleeve and 9/16" hardware escapes me. When I put my set on I made my own sleeves out of 3/4" tubing and ran a 9/16" bolt on the leaf side of the shackle. Due to the smaller bushings, you're kinda stuck running the 18mm bolt on the frame side though. Dumb. :shrug:

· Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea man but i want armor so bad!!!!!!!!!!!! lol ok im guessing i can buy those bushings at any auto parts store correct...
and my glass gets installed when i getmy tires lol so idk when that is hahha.

· Registered
1,722 Posts
The bushings that came with the kit are a 1 5/8" OD, 3/4" ID, 1" deep poly barrel bushing.

Call Kartek and they can ship you the set of four that you need or better yet, cut straight to the chase and call Aggressive Suspesions (Fabtech) in Anaheim. The part number on the back of the bushings is MO3603, a set of four should have come with the shackle kit. If that part number WTF's the guys at AS tell them to look up the number for the bushings in the parts list for the shackle set.

:waytogo:

· Premium Member
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok awsome since i got to this post to late i cant call fabtech they are closed will do that tomorrow morning.

i wonder why they changed the bushings in the yotas after a certain year.

if i had my freaking tires my truck wouldnt look as weird. kinda like my truck racked the way it is haha.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.