Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have and 01 S-Runner with manual mirrors. Can some point me in the right direction? I'm looking to put power mirrors from any other truck that will bolt up. I also will need the control panel and wiring. If someone can tell me which truck to cannibalize from I will pull everything out and transplant it.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
You'd be looking for a 2001 - 2004 6-lug Taco (4X4 or PreRunner).

Exact details beyond this point are complicated, because:

- Power mirrors weren't standard equipment on any model.

- They were included with the Limited (model grade) Package on V6 PreRunners and Double Cabs. These would be the only ones you could ID easily, because they should have Limited badging / decal(s).

- They were included with the optional Power and / or Convenience Packages. (Package offerings depended on year ... )

- Toyota factory sales doc's during this period don't always agree, and some are self-contradictory.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
You put windows in your reply but did you mean to say mirrors.
Oops! Yes ... Sorry ... :doah:

I've fixed the error.

The availability of power mirrors was often connected (within option packages) to adding power windows.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
Since we're on the subject of power windows ...

There are two factory wiring diagrams for power mirrors during the 2001 - 2004 era - one for Tacos with power windows, and one for Tacos without power windows.

I'm attaching both versions for the 2001 model year.

Attachments

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
I have a 2001 Tacoma 4X4 V6 SR5 that has the power mirrors and windows.
Then you have a Limited or the optional Power Package ...

Just for the record, before someone asks ...

No - power mirrors were never a part of the SR5 Package.

·
Read Only
819 Posts
I forgot to mention that my Tacoma is an extended cab 4WD with the TRD off road package also and 6 lugs on the wheels.

Mad Maxx

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
Then yours has the Power Package.

NOTE: Power mirrors had nothing to do with the TRD Offroad Package.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Just providing some foreshadowing information here.

Drawing from memory: 5 wires come off driver's side mirror adjustment switch? 3 wires get sent over to passenger side? In other words, you will be running wires from the driver's side to the passenger's side. I went under the carpet with my wires. The mirror plugs have two wires going to themt, and the mirror motor is controlled by switching the grounds (at the control pad) -- I think, ha. The mirror is attached with 3 ten millimeter nuts. Simply pull the interior cover off to access them.

I have a S-Runner with black power mirrors from one of the models Randy listed, but they did not come stock or as an option.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Has anyone tried using mirrors off a car. The truck mirror are way too large and i'm trying to keep the slim look of the factory mirror.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts