Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tuning is coming along on the Five-0 650cc injectors. I've had to use every tuning trick I know on the AEM FIC-6. I'm running a very general Fuel map, MAF clamp, O2 skew, and timing. I have a hiccup at 3800 RPMs, but I think that's related to the MAF clamp.

I probably could have gotten by with 550cc for my power goals, but I thought about ethanol and went ham. Idle is a little rough when it gets settled at 500-675 RPMs.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Tuning is coming along on the Five-0 650cc injectors. I've had to use every tuning trick I know on the AEM FIC-6. I'm running a very general Fuel map, MAF clamp, O2 skew, and timing. I have a hiccup at 3800 RPMs, but I think that's related to the MAF clamp.

I probably could have gotten by with 550cc for my power goals, but I thought about ethanol and went ham. Idle is a little rough when it gets settled at 500-675 RPMs.

I think when I turbo, I'm going to just save up and go Haltech to make life easier. It will cost way more though.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Eh, I don't mind having the stock ECU around. That being said, I think I'm nearing the end of this piggyback's abilities. Maybe I'd go standalone if I was trying for over 400 HP.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Modern ECUs have come so far. I really look forward to ditching the distributor for a set of coil on plugs, adding E-85, flat shifting capability, boost by gear, traction control, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts