Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
It looks good! :waytogo: :applause:

Did you have any issues with the 2004 mirror base / mount contour fitting up snug with the contour of your 1998 door?

If you could post a pic of the hole you drilled it might be useful to others wondering about this sort of mirror swap (e.g., illustrating the size and position of the hole needed).

Off hand, I can't remember anyone fitting the mechanical remote control ('tickler') mirrors onto a Taco that didn't have them originally.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks good! :waytogo: :applause:
Off hand, I can't remember anyone fitting the mechanical remote control ('tickler') mirrors onto a Taco that didn't have them originally.
Cool, i would love to do a write up with pics.

...Any tips or advice on writing a write up?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
The main things are:

- describe what you had to do to install the 'tickler' (mechanical remote control) mirror onto the 1998 door
- give any tips on where and how the necessary hole is drilled (e.g., what size; placement)
- describe any issues or problems you had to deal with to get 'er done
- describe any additional or replacement parts (etc.) you needed to use (e.g., gaskets, sealant, new fasteners)

The most important photo you could add would be a pic clearly showing the hole you drilled (mirror dis-mounted), so others can see what needs to be done. Even better would be two pics - one from the inside and one from the outside.

The best way to evaluate what to include is simply to ask yourself what you would have needed to see to help you (a) decide whether to attempt the mod and (b) actually do it.

Just post the results (your text and pics) back to this thread. It doesn't have to be done in one big post.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I also have the 04 stay mirrors on my 96 they fit with no issues, I opted to remove the handle instead of drilling a hole. I just push on the mirror to adjust.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts