Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What options do I have as far as front bumpers / valences for my taco? I'm not new to customizing rides but I'm new to the toyota scene. I have a bagged 2wd single cab.

·
pho sho!
3,316 Posts
Fill out your profile and give us the spec's on your ride. It'll be easier to answer your questions and help you out! :waytogo:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tam said:
Fill out your profile and give us the spec's on your ride. It'll be easier to answer your questions and help you out! :waytogo:
What does the information in my profile have to do with front bumpers? I gave all the info needed in the first post of the thread.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,678 Posts
sideshow said:
What does the information in my profile have to do with front bumpers? I gave all the info needed in the first post of the thread.
... Because if you don't specify what '04 Tacoma you have, you'll need to repeat the particulars every time you ask for help or advice ... :thinking:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Holy crap this place frustrates me. I don't know what kind of bumper I want for my truck. I don't know what is available out there. I mentioned that in the first post. The 4 runner valence and the 4x4/prerunner valence were mentioned so I asked what years of those models fit my truck. So far instead of getting any questioned answered all I've gotten are questions that are already answered. I'll run it down one more time.

I don't know what options I have as far as front bumpers / fascias / or valences
If you suggest something can you be specific about years since I am new to this
I have a 2004 2wd single cab 2.4l taco with airbags and wheels a quarter tank of gas and 25,000 miles

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
custom fabricated welded bumper?

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,678 Posts
Well .... Let's try to vector in on what kind of front end treatment you're after ...

(1) Are you interested only in swapping out the front bumper, or are you open to re-doing the front end (e.g., adding a front spoiler as well)?

(2) Is there a particular 'look' or function you're going for?

(3) Since you have a 2WD Regular Cab, I'm assuming you're not interested in heavy rugged-style off-road bumpers, right? Or ... ?

(4) Do you have any interest in adding a bumper guard or grille guard (add-on items providing a more rugged look and maybe some actual protection)?

:thinking:

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
What color is your truck? do you like your french fries with ketchup or without? are you planning on turboing anytime soon? Do you like blondes or brunettes? how do you like your steak? well done? we need more info to process your request..

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
ok ok, I'll give in

*here is DX-R's taco with a 2001 4runner bumper

People have used also old 2wd/4wd bumpers from 95-00 trucks on 01-04 tacos
*This one is a 95-98 taco, but they did an 01-04 conversion and kept the old bumper, just to give you an idea

*Or you can just switch the valance from a 01-04 4wd bumper and get a little more aggressive look (gives your truck some fangs)

compared to a 2wd bumper

You can pretty much use any bumper from any year, with very minor work, just make sure to use all the brackets, search around to see what year you like

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks Dropitmore. I appreciate the help. Out of the ones posted I like the 4wd valence the best.
tennesseetacoma said:
that made me laugh
I actually have a full tank of gas but I thought a quarter tank would sound funnier.

·
Registered
4,519 Posts
sideshow said:
I actually have a full tank of gas but I thought a quarter tank would sound funnier.
haha true full wouldn't sound as good....noticed you're from Houston...I have an ex that lives in Tomball:doah:

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
sideshow said:
Holy crap this place frustrates me. I don't know what kind of bumper I want for my truck. I don't know what is available out there. I mentioned that in the first post. The 4 runner valence and the 4x4/prerunner valence were mentioned so I asked what years of those models fit my truck. So far instead of getting any questioned answered all I've gotten are questions that are already answered. I'll run it down one more time.

I don't know what options I have as far as front bumpers / fascias / or valences
If you suggest something can you be specific about years since I am new to this
I have a 2004 2wd single cab 2.4l taco with airbags and wheels a quarter tank of gas and 25,000 miles
Holy crap your questions are frustrating this place.

You dont know what you but you are asking what you can get.

You can get what ever you want, but how hard to want to work.

**** you can out on a ferrari front end if you want.

I already answered I like the 4runner front, actually I really dig the whole 4runner front swap with the sport hood, looks tits on the minis.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts