Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I was browsing and killin some time at the local autozone when i saw these fog lights..

They werent the traditional rounded off rectangle..
They looked like they would fit nicely in the outter most section of the valance radiator opening..

They let me pop one out to eyeball it..
whatcha think?

They were just sitting in place, so they're not sitting perfect..
(crappy cell pics below)

When I held them in place they looked as if they could be a factory placed item.. Much better than some of the other cheapo fog/driving lights..

I would have gotten them, but the brackets would need a bracket to mount them to and I didn't feel like dickin withem..

BUT, I thought I'd share with yous guys..
I think theyre made by Pilot.. ?

Attachments

·
Registered
730 Posts
Nice find... makes me wanna stop by autozone after class tomorrow.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only way I could see to attach these it to make a bracket that attaches to the bumper deal (look in there, you'll see what I mean)

then from that bracket to the one for the fog/driving light..
You cant use the bracket directly on the valance.. Not enough room..

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,863 Posts
Nice find!.... I've wanted to figure out which 'small' light sets would fit the 2001 - 2004 valance opening, but I've never gotten around to it ....

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Those look like they are made by pilot. If so or Toucan I would stay away they tend to fill up with water. I have used those in the pilot brand for customers in the past and the quality in wiring and the fact that if you change the bulb to a higher output one the lense shatters. But as far as looks they do look alot better than most.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had Piaa's and Catz both fill up with water..

Usually the lense cracks when its hot and the tinest of things hits it..
Thats just how it is..
If ya need anything brighter than a 55 watt bulb, you need a completly different type of housing or your using it for something its not supposed to be..

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
If you have owned piaa or catz lights you know that if there is any moisture in them they will replace them. We stopped selling those particular brands of lights due to the fail rate of them. Mainly cracked lenses even with the 55w bulb if they got wet the almost every time shattered. BTW it Washington lighting is a big issue. In the winter it gets dark at 4:00 and doesnt get light again till around 9:00 Am. So people up here like a little more light.

·
BOOSTED
2,069 Posts
I would say hella you tried all the other good brands maybe you get some luck with those. there might be one that looks that shape at rallylights.com. or be like me and make your own with the bumper lights.:silly: which is a pain in the a** if you know what I mean.:doah:

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
I recomend get what you like Hell Piaa Catz are all top notch brands and they stand behind them as far as fit you may not get what you like from them. I know piaa and cats make a number of slim lights. But you all know you get what you pay for.

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The wiring seems pretty standard to me, just add a relay, positive to the battery fused, tap a + source for remote, add your ground and your set..

12/14 guage is all pretty common..

What on earth are you using, a lighthouse ignitor? :)

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Hids. During startup they can pull close to 30a and if the wire is to small they cant get the amperage they need and tend to die sooner. But as far as foglights go I was using 100w piaa bulbs and they just didnt do enough. They got drowned out by the headlight so I switched those to hids also. Now I have plenty of light .
Yea so kinda like a lighthouse torch:)

·
ADMlNAHATER
8,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Premium Member
819 Posts
Chris D. said:
That sounds cool..

Then just drill a hole into the clear corner and add the turnsignal bulb there and call it a day :)
If you dont want to drill the hole you can take the positive lead from your turn signal cut it, then take your negative for you running light cut it, then take the wire coming from the truck (from the turn signal) and hook it to the the wire coming from the running light (Lightbulb side) and then the running light will blink.
pm me if you need help

1 - 20 of 25 Posts