Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, i currently have an 01 Tacoma 4x4 which i'm looking to sell and purchase a 2wd truck to lower/bag. While i'm looking for a new truck i've been researching and searching online for parts/kits and came across this company and their kit. Has anyone had experience with them or their products? For a complete front/back bagged kit this looks like a pretty sweet setup, but for the price i'd like to get some feedback first if i can.

Thanks!

vrt.jpg
airbagit.com/streetscraper-road-grater-p/scrape-to9504.htm

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that Enola, I had seen some of those but with being over a decade ago it's hard to judge if that's still the case etc. More curious on thoughts of the kit itself, price, build quality, if there are better kits or places to shop?

I'm pretty new to the area and have no welding skills so i'd like to try and find something as bolt on as possible to avoid trying to find someone local to weld for me with no guarantee of their skill, dealing with vehicle safety i'm all for paying a little more to make sure it's done right.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
I don't know of anything newer to offer. It's been some years since anyone posted any results from using airbagit products.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know of anything newer to offer. It's been some years since anyone posted any results from using airbagit products.
All good, thanks for the replies. Are there any other companies/sites that sell a kit you know of? All the sites i've found through searching the forums all seem to have closed/gone out of busines, FBI, cantos, few others i can't recall off top of my head now.

·
Mambeau / Admin
47,615 Posts
I don't know who still offers air / bag kits for lowering applications.

All the air suspension kits and accessories I can find are for air lifts and suspension reinforcement for handling loads or towing. :shrug:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Re: 95.5 Bag Setup

I'm looking at having a shop do bags for me as i haven't really found many sites online selling kits anymore these days. Couple questions i have that i can't decide on.

• Do i leave the fuel tank and go 3 link wishbone?
  • Should i ditch the tank and go fuel cell in rear with a forward 4 link? (if i did this it would most likely be to do bag on bar)
  • Is it worth moving the stock tank to bag on bar vs on axle?
I've been getting some pretty high quotes to bag my truck, upwards of $7k in my area. Thoughts on just bagging the front and then doing like a 7" drop in year (s dad mod and 4" blocks) with some monroe air shocks to raise it up?

I wouldn't really be opposed to just dropping it low and leaving static but the plan is to sell my current 4wd truck and make this my daily when all the work is done. Which brings to wanting bags/raise it in the first place. Live in Idaho and we can get some decent snow here, would like to be able to raise it up during winter and throw some snow tires on it and still get to work and back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts