Tacoma Dominates Edmunds.com "Most Wanted" Lists for 2006
Posted on October 24, 2006 12:19 PM

Every year, Edmunds.com surveys its readers and editors to find out their top picks for that model year. This year, the Tacoma came out on top on both lists.

On the Editors' Most Wanted list, the editors called the latest Tacoma offering from Toyota "indestructible, powerful, and practical". It was the top pick in the Compact Truck category. This is the first time the Tacoma has won topped the Editor's list since 2002. The Dodge Dakota has dominated the category in recent years.

On the Consumers' Most Wanted list, the Tacoma garnered 38% of the votes to take the top spot in the Compact Truck category. Second place went to the Chevrolet Colorado/GMC Canyon combo with 25% of the votes. The Nissan Frontier came in a distant third with only 16%. This is the fifth year in a row that the Tacoma has taken the top spot in the Edmunds.com survey.

The full results of the Consumers' Most Wanted and Editors' Most Wanted can be viewed on Edmunds.com.

Comments:

That's why I bought one, because it dominates the class as far as I am concerned.

Posted by: Tillers_Rule on October 25, 2006 01:00 AM

I had a '97 Dakota or should I say the service center had it more! I bought a 2003 Tacoma then when the 4 door full bed came out traded it in for a 2006 TRD Sport 4 door 6'1" bed. LOVE IT! Oh and by the way I paid 18,000 for the 2003 and got 15,500 for trade in!

Posted by: chief137 on October 25, 2006 05:10 PM

WELL I GOT A CHEVY SILVERADO 01 AND A TACOMA 06. WELL I JUS LIKE THE RIDE OF THE TACOMA AND THE WAY IT LOOKS. I LOVE BOTH TRUCKS

Posted by: TinyTaco8089 on December 15, 2006 04:10 AM

Viva la Taco!!!! iieeeee!!!

Posted by: kamperkitjay on February 28, 2007 12:11 AM

BEST RIDING TRUCK ON THE PLANET. HAD AN 84 MODEL BEFORE THEY WERE CALLED TACOMA'S AND IT WAS MEAN AND TOUGH. BOUGHT CHEVY, FORD AND DODGE SINCE AND JUST GOT 07 TACOMA, WISH I HAD STAYED WITH YOTA ALL THAT TIME. THEY ARE STILL THE BEST.

Posted by: RANROSE1 on August 4, 2007 09:46 PM

You must be logged in to post comments to news articles Log in now >>