First time build - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
First time build

I have a 2.7 engine and transmission form a 97 Tacoma low mileage and good strong motor all around and I have a really clean excab 89 Tacoma how much trouble will it be to drop the 2.7 in the 89 Tacoma any advice would be greatly appreciated thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Re: First time build

Check out this build for an idea of what is needed to fit and wire up the motor: http://www.2rzturbo.net/

It's also a turbo install so not all of it will apply to what you are trying to do, but it may help point you in the right direction.

Icon, SPC UCA, Dakar's, OME shocks, LCE S/C, 550's, Megasquirt 3, Walbro 190
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 06:40 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Re: First time build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan-The-Taco View Post
I have a 2.7 engine and transmission form a 97 Tacoma low mileage and good strong motor all around and I have a really clean excab 89 Tacoma how much trouble will it be to drop the 2.7 in the 89 Tacoma any advice would be greatly appreciated

is the '89 truck a 5lug or 6lug? They sell motor mount adapters for the 6 lugs..which can be modded to work on 5lugs You will need a 2.7 T100 oil pan and pickup tube and dipstick
Wiring isn't too bad..but you will need the 2.7 computer box and engine harness. Also, your exhaust and hangers will all need to be fabbed because it is on opposite side. If your 1989 was not originally EFI , you will need to plumb tank to convert to high pressure efi pump

Last edited by ZIP671; 04-20-2017 at 06:52 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode