Back in Black

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: TSB: 6 Speed tranny manual: CONTACTING TOYOTA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX-X View Post
Balboa, thanks for taking the lead on this, and getting the TSB issued. I would like to take it a bit further though, as the folks like me who are out of warranty, will have to fork over major dough to get it fixed through a dealership. I just took mine to my local dealer, and they are telling me it will cost me over $800 for the TSB work!

I contacted Toyota about it, and asked why a recall had not been issued for these transmissions, since there have been numerous complaints on all the Tacoma and FJ forums. The answer I was given, is that not enough people have called in about it, so Toyota is not aware of the problem. We know this is not true of course, or they would not have issued the TSB. Still, seems like most people who are calling in are the ones under warranty, so they are taken care of by this bulletin, while folks like me with only 69K miles on my '06 are just S.O.L.

I'd like to see everyone who has had this problem call in to Toyota Customer Care, and demand a recall, not just a TSB, weather you have are under warranty or not. If enough people call and complain, maybe they will have to do something about it, or at least set up the precedence for a class action suite. I think having to spend $800+ dollars for a throw out bearing on any vehicle with only that many miles is unacceptable, yet alone a Toyota truck?

I'm posting on a couple other forums as well to try and get enough people to do the same. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and if we don't all make some noise about this, we will probably all be facing the same fate before too long.

Toyota Customer Service: 800-331-4331 (option 4, then 6)

See my post here: http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...ll-toyota.html
You are welcome. I understand how frustrating this can be. Sorry for late response. Do not come in here much anymore. Concentrating more on business,travel and marriage.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 72 (permalink) Old 02-20-2013, 10:02 PM
ADMlNAHATER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Re: TSB: 6 Speed tranny manual: CONTACTING TOYOTA

Not So Gone 1-20-2013

But most peoples 6 speeds are..

Eagan Minnesota

For Sale: Drop spindles, coilovers, Wilwood big brake kit
https://www.customtacos.com/forum/44-...-lug-mini.html

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode