Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Smoothies For My S

4K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  dalton<3yotas 
#1 ·
#2 ·
looking to get a 10" wide rim on my s runner. anyone know if these will fit?
heres the link
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crr-3135105
Didn't you already have a thread or a section of a thread on this? They will fit, in so far as the lug pattern is right. Not sure they would look good on a Tacoma, but I want to see what it looks like before I make up my mind.

#4 · (Edited)
yes i did but the thread was taken down before i got a solid answer.

im not sure what size tire i want to run. I was thinking the type of tire people put on the back of a MR. T van,wide with a large side wall, all the same size in all 4 corners.

as far as how it would look? the first thing that comes to mind is... remember inthe kids movie, CARS, when lightning mcqueen gets a make over by everyone...

he has smoothies with huge white walls and almost no wheel gap.....bad comparison i know but thats the look im going for

Attachments

#5 ·
as far as how it would look? the first thing that comes to mind is... remember inthe kids movie, CARS, when lightning mcqueen gets a make over by everyone...

he has smoothies with huge white walls and almost no wheel gap.....bad comparison i know but thats the look im going for
:lol: No, this is the perfect comparison. Dude, I thought you popped your motor?

#6 ·
verry good memory, i took the oem engine out of my race truck and threw it in the, s runner. its been garaged for over a yr, i just took it out to take my son for his first ride in it. Hit up the touchless carwash and ripped off the driverside rear side skirt. If it wasnt for the look of excitement on his face from being in the truck i woulda flipped ****... so if anyone has a driver side rear side skirt (the part that bolts to the bed, that would be great... o and how do i attach my new (behind the rear axle) body kit pieces?

#7 ·
... o and how do i attach my new (behind the rear axle) body kit pieces?
The rearmost body kit pieces were NOT designed to fit up on an SR 'as is'. Some trimming / tweaking is required to clear the rear wheel well mouldings / flares. In addition, some tweaking *may* be required to clear the exhaust tip.

The first CT-zens to install the rearmost pieces on an SR were S-Dad and armyguns. They provided a pics and writeups which are somewhere in the CT archives. Many of their key posts are included in the consolidated mega-thread on the body kit:

http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102

#11 ·
Does extreme dimensions sell individual replacement pieces of the body kit? :thinking:

You may want to consider flaring your bed out in the rear depending on tire clearance. When I was bagged there was a trick to it.

It is tough to describe but if you look under where the piece you damaged, there should be a bracket on each side the bed. It will have 1 hole on the bottom and two at the top or vice versa. The trick was to remove the bolts on the side with two holes and pull the bracket back towards the axle. You would then put the bolt where the first hole was into the 2nd hole, leaving the 2nd hole not bolted at all.

I'm not 100% sure it will work on your bed since you still have the main supports in the center, worth a shot though. I tried to find them in a parts diagram but couldn't really tell. It would look like number 9/10 from this:

#14 ·
why do you want to put the smoothies on there? Why not a nice set of staggered wheels with the rear ones 10"? If the hub bore and lug pattern of the smoothies is the same i dont see why it wont fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.