5vzfe turbo help - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-07-2019, 09:16 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
5vzfe turbo help

Thinking about turboing my 3.4 swap .its in a 93 4runner 4x4 37s and 529 gears and a 5 speed. I have a buddy with a ebay turbo , wastegate and Bov that's brand new he was going to use on a vw vr6 project that he decided not to do buy said he would sell me the stuff for cheap . I was wondering how well this turbo would work on this engine . Was trying to do some research and seems this turbo is about the size cxracing sells in their kit but has a t3 flange instead of a t4 . I've done lots of turbo ls stuff but new to the 3.4 engine .
Also I plan on running around 8-10 lbs of boost .
I have a new walbro 255 and a water meth kit from a previous project I never used that I plan on using with this . So questions I have is
1)how well will this turbo work ? Looking to have a low spool time is possible

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GT35-GT3582...g/222441500189

2) can I get away with not using a intercooler on pump 92 with the watermeth kit ?
3) what injectors should I use that fit the toyota manifold ?
I should also add that I'm currently running the engine NA on a megasquirt 3 with ls1 coils . Any help would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 08:27 AM
Veteran

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Re: 5vzfe turbo help

That ebay GT35 should work fine. That's what comes with the CX Racing turbo kit for the 5vz. There may be some people on here with GT35's on their 5vz's. Here is a link to that kit: https://www.cxracing.com/TRB-KIT-5VZFE-IC-KIT

With methanol injection you don't really need an intercooler since it will do all the cooling you need for 8-10 psi. If you want you can just add meth as your additional fuel until the air fuel ratio is right then you won't need larger injectors.

If you aren't doing the CX Racing under hood style turbo kit Tom at Tom's turbo garage just did a rear mount turbo system that might be a good place to put a GT35 since they are kinda big. Here is a link: http://tomsturbogarage.com/

'02 4x4 3rz-fe. he351cw Turbo. Treadstone manifold. Megasquirt. 550 primaries 500 secondaries. Vortech inline fuel pump. Intercooler. Flex fuel. R150F trans swap. ACT T020 & DTX-137L disk. 413whp 479wtq 23psi on E85. Kazuma LSD. LCE 10:1 pistons & rods.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-08-2019, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Thank you kurt4726 for the reply, I ended up ordering some 312cc @3bar supra injectors that I believe will be enough for my power goals .I'm looking to get around 300hp. I have a walbro 255 pump and adjustable regulator so if needed I'll bump the pressure up some .

I looked at the cxracing kit and although the turbo they offer is close to what I have theirs is a t4/t4 flange and the one I have is a t3 flange which I'm hoping wont become to restrictive up in the higher rpms.

I plan on mounting it in the engine bay like the cx racing kit .

The reason I was asking about the water meth kit was no so much for fuel but to keep IAT in line as this well be a street/wheeling rig and with the ac , winch, and skid plate there is really no room for a intercooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-09-2019, 07:15 AM
Veteran

Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Re: 5vzfe turbo help

The t3 flange won't be a problem it will flow enough for about 800whp. The water/meth system should allow you to eliminate the intercooler and keep intake air temps under control. You are going to need to raise the fuel pressure to reach your 300whp goal with 6 312cc injectors.

There is a calculator here: http://fuelinjectorclinic.com/hp-calculator

If you bump up your base fuel pressure from 43.5 to 50psi with your adjustable regulator your 10psi of boost will add 10psi of fuel pressure so you will have 60psi fuel pressure. At 100% duty cycle you will have enough fuel for 297whp.

'02 4x4 3rz-fe. he351cw Turbo. Treadstone manifold. Megasquirt. 550 primaries 500 secondaries. Vortech inline fuel pump. Intercooler. Flex fuel. R150F trans swap. ACT T020 & DTX-137L disk. 413whp 479wtq 23psi on E85. Kazuma LSD. LCE 10:1 pistons & rods.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode