No boost at boost port? (vacuume only) - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 05:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
No boost at boost port? (vacuume only)

I'm having a weird issue, hopefully someone has some insight. I put on a 2nd gen (black) supercharger about a year ago, definitely noticed some power increase, but nothing huge. I rebuilt the nosecone before installing it. At initial install i didn't have a boost gauge and didn't install one, the routing from boost port in the back went straight to the fuel pressure regulator. Now I just installed a snow methanol injection kit that includes a programmer with integrated boost. I teed into the boost port/FPR line and fired up the truck after the install. The gauge showed no boost-0. I started investigating and discovered that with the engine running at any rpm range there is a strong vacuum at the boost port, never positive pressure. I have checked all the hoses against multiple install manuals and forum posts and I'm 100% sure that I am using the boost port with barbed fitting. The bypass valve seems to be working, and opens under throttle, and closes down at idle, but the position of the bypass valve has no effect on the vacuum at the boost port. All the other hose connections on the super charger pull vacuum while running so I'm pretty sure I haven't confused it, but I'm at a total loss and Magneson dosn't have any ideas? I can blow into the boost gauge line and get it to register 2/3 psi so the gauge seems to work, but during a test drive at WOT the gauge never registered above 0psi.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:57 PM
Mambeau / Admin

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 366 Post(s)
Re: No boost at boost port? (vacuume only)

Did you ever resolve the wiring issue with your 7th injector kit?

https://www.customtacos.com/forum/13...-question.html

Is the 7th injector kit still installed?

Did you notice any drop in perceived performance after installing the Snow kit?

"If i saw a old dude with what appeared to be a cat over his mouth driving faster than me I'd stop driving fast." - Firdaddy
Line-X, ARE, Recaro, Team Voodoo, Husky, Lund, Optima, OMP, Aesthetic Finishers Inc.,Michelin
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 07:52 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: No boost at boost port? (vacuume only)

Yes, I finally figured out the 7th injector kit wiring through trial and error. The 7th injector kit is installed, but I was planning on disconnecting it once I had a chance to tune out the knock with the snow kit. Because the snow kit injects based on boost pressure I haven't been able to test the snow kit because I can't get any boost out of the boost port.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in