Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

3.4 TRD Supercharger Bypass/Actuator valve

12K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  RKArendt 
#1 ·
Anyone knows how to install/adjust/calibrate the boost actuator on the 3.4 V6 5VZ TRD Supercharger?

Thanks

#4 ·
(1) Which TRD S/C do you have (early gen / grey; later gen / black)?

(2) The TRD installation documentation doesn't mention any adjustment / calibration when installing the whole unit.

(3) If there's any adjustment required or recommended my guess is that only TRD or maybe Magnuson (or maybe Gadget) could answer your question.

#5 ·
You do not need to make any adjustments to the bypass valve.

There are travel stop adjustment screws that prevent over travel which could cause the valve to get stuck in the bore and not open and close properly. That should not ever need to be adjusted.

To see if it is working is very simple. Engine off, note the position of the valve. Start the engine, the valve should now be all the way in the other position. If does not work that way, figure out why.

G

#9 ·
The supercharger is off the engine, I will do the test when I re-install it.

The adjustment I was talking about is the 2 bolts holding the actuator, I tried to install it as close to the original position as possible. I still notice that the actuator is a bit slow, but I´m working it backwards in some way. It is open at idle and closes on load, I´m opening and letting it close so the mechanism may work different.

Thanks to all for the posts.

#14 ·
Sorry to resurrect, but this is the only thread I've found...

What does the bypass actuator actually do? I broke the nipple on the bypass actuator which the vacuum hose attaches to about 6 months ago. Nothing seems to change much with the nipple blocked or unblocked on the SC itself. It whines a little but that's it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.