Toyota Tacoma Forum

Toyota Tacoma Forum (https://www.customtacos.com/forum/)
-   Windows / Mirrors / Etc. (https://www.customtacos.com/forum/122-windows-mirrors-etc/)
-   -   Part Number for Driver and Passenger Exterior Window Weatherstrip/Seal (https://www.customtacos.com/forum/122-windows-mirrors-etc/182970-part-number-driver-passenger-exterior-window-weatherstrip-seal.html)

GreaseMonkey 11-12-2015 08:27 AM

Part Number for Driver and Passenger Exterior Window Weatherstrip/Seal

The weatherstrip that contacts the outside perimeter of the drivers and passenger side windows has become hard and is no longer sealing properly. I searched a bunch of websites trying to find a replacement but all I can find is the door weatherseal and the lower window seal. Does anyone know the part number or where I can get these seals? I'm sick of the smelly carpet!

1998 Tacoma, 2.4L, Regular Cab

Enola Gaia 11-12-2015 09:01 AM

Re: Part Number for Driver and Passenger Exterior Window Weatherstrip/Seal

What model year and cab style? The door windows or the XtraCab / Access Cab rear side windows?

:shrug:

GreaseMonkey 11-12-2015 09:03 AM

Sorry about that, updated original post

Enola Gaia 11-12-2015 09:56 AM

The 1995.5 - 2000 Parts List is accessible (PDF format) at:

https://www.customtacos.com/tech.old/...hp?article=156

The door / window related stuff is on page 1397.

I'm still a little uncertain which piece(s) you're needing ....

GreaseMonkey 11-12-2015 10:18 AM

Thanks! I think the parts I'm looking for are 62382-04030 and 62381-04030, it's the rubber strip that goes along the top part of the window and is what seals it when the window is rolled up. Pretty sure my door seals are still fine because they look fine and are very pliable, the rubber strip that seals the top of the window is stiff. Is that normal?

Yesterday I noticed there was condensation inside the truck, windshield and inside the windows after a rain storm. Driver's side carpet is wet and clearly shows sign of an existing leak.

Enola Gaia 11-12-2015 12:04 PM

You might also want to check the drain line from your HVAC unit (behind / beneath the lower center dash). If that gets plugged up, it can cause a leak inside the cab (to the floor; beneath the dash ... ) which matches the symptoms you describe.

GreaseMonkey 11-12-2015 12:08 PM

How can I identify the drain? I haven't used the A/C in quite a while as we're having excellent weather here in NC, I would think not using the system would decrease the chances of there being condensation in the drain?

Enola Gaia 11-12-2015 12:33 PM

OK ... If you haven't been using the HVAC, there's less chance it could be the drain. It's a simple hose that runs through the firewall.

Speaking of which ... Did these symptoms show up after driving through water? The drain hose has been known to fall out / fall off, leaving a hole in the firewall through which water can leak.

GreaseMonkey 11-12-2015 12:36 PM

No, this problem exists only during a rainstorm or foggy mornings. I noticed that after the last rainstorm, the floor mats weren't wet, however, the carpet underneath was. I have rubber floor mats installed. My door seals look fine and the tools close tightly, no wind noise at speed. Just bought new window weatherstips to see if that fixes the issue before I replace the carpet.

Enola Gaia 11-12-2015 01:46 PM

One other thing comes to mind ... Have you checked the drain holes in the bottom of the doors? If those get clogged it can lead to leakage that tends to soak the carpets rather than the mats.

Just a thought ...