Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

mvp's 1997 1JZ Taco: Pics and Discussion

5K views 27 replies 15 participants last post by  ochizon 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
NOTE: This thread has been split off from the 'Show Your 5-lug Taco' thread in 2WD Suspension: 1995.5 - 2004 ( http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83498 )

-97 lowered 2/3 inch, full drift body kit, antracite supra tt paint, supra tt polished rims, 1JZ-GTE with T-61 turbo, custom fuel system,+500HP

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)

Here is the engine, what gives you the idea that it used to be red. JK. LOL.

Viking.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)

Here is the engine, what gives you the idea that it used to be red. JK. LOL.

Viking.
what years of supra did that engine come in?
how much of a PITA was all the wiring?:shrug:

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)

That engine came in -91 and -92 but only in japan due to emmission we have over here. it came stock with 280 hp twin turbo.

Viking.

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)

That engine came in -91 and -92 but only in japan due to emmission we have over here. it came stock with 280 hp twin turbo.

Viking.
Whats the major differences between the jdm engien vs what we had out here in the US? JTE or something here, right?

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)

Whats the major differences between the jdm engien vs what we had out here in the US? JTE or something here, right?
In japan they dont have any EGR( exhaust gas recirculation) if it better or not i dont know it is just different. The Turbo Supras in -91 and -92 here in the us came with the older model 7M-GTE engine, the 7m is also a very good engine but not as reliable at higher horsepower. i used to have a 7m that was putting out over 650rwhp.

Viking.

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)

I wouldnt mind going with a 7M with mild power being pushed through it..
300hp wouldn't be too hard to achieve and still keep it reliable..

I'm sure one could easily upgrade some internals to take care of a few issues..

#12 ·
Re: mvp's 1997 1JZ Taco: Pics and Discussion

Is there like a write up you could do or tips or some kind of direction you went in and issues you have. Maybe we can make some kind of revoltionary swap for our trucks and stick it to em!
^agreed im pretty sure alot of people would be intrested to see some sort of write -up for this kind of swap i know i sure am :evil:

#13 ·

I give you props for the hard work you put into the truck (assuming you did everything yourself)....but I just don't like the truck, sorry, not my cup of tea.

#24 ·

You guys really should fab some production worthy engine mounts for the tacoma for the 2jz engine. You may think well the market is small, but thats right now. The 2rz doesn't have the power of the 2jz and for the majority of us CT members looking for more power a 2jz would be something to consider instead of just turboing our 2rz. Just a thought

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.