Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Keep or Trade

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  holatacoma 
#1 ·
I have an 07 Prerunner that I recently purchased. However, I soon after got into motorcycles. It takes two people to muscle my bike into the prerunner, which isn't practical and could result in damage or injury. The truck is in great condition, no visual damages and runs like a champ, as expected :)!

I was considering using the URD drop kit for the prerunner to take it down a notch, makes it easier to load the bike. And my shorty wife doesn't risk tearing her pants on the way in lol! Add some rims and tires and whatever other costs associated with a drop in there and it'll add up quick.

I am also considering trading the pre-runner in for an x-runner. I don't mind downsizing to access cab and LOVE the idea of getting a 6-speed. This option takes out the complications of the drop kit and rims.

Thing is, I currently owe approx $23,000 on the Pre-runner. Paid less than that but got the extended warranty for kicks. Trade in is anywhere between $18-19k I think. The x-runners I am looking at are between $19-21k.

So basically, my question is, pay cash for mod'n the pre-runner, or trade for the x-runner. Is it worth it to increase the loan to way more than the truck is worth? I plan to keep it for a while. It would increase my loan by approximately $1-2k. But that right there could be drop kit and rims/tires. Plus I don't need to come up with the cash on the spot for parts, it just increases my loan. Plus the pre-runner keeps it's designed purpose...whatever that is! A lifted 2wd still boggles me.

Whatcha think? I think I already know what your gonna say lol. "You bought the wrong truck!" But when I bought it I didn't have the needs I do now. :doah:

See less See more
#3 ·
(1) Welcome to CT! :waytogo:

(2) Was there a specific reason you bought a Double Cab?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.