TRD to Show 400hp X-Runner at SEMA
Posted on October 28, 2005 05:12 PM

Toyota will be bringing a boatload of custom vehicles to this year's SEMA show in Las Vegas. One of those will be a TRD-built X-Runner sporting some impressive stats.

Based on the new 2006 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner, the TRD X-Runner Concept Vehicle explores the boundaries of sport truck power and performance. Combining functional performance and exciting styling, the TRD X-Runner features several newly designed and developed components with a carefully tuned chassis and new a styling concept evolved from the original Tacoma XRunner.

• Power increased to 400 hp and 350 lb.-ft of torque

• TRD - designed supercharger & intercooler package featuring an Eaton Roots-type supercharger with an integrated air-to-liquid intercooler.

• Fully functional hood scoop

• TRD - modified internal engine components with new pistons, connecting rods, camshafts

• Kaiten billet steel flywheel, 30% lighter than stock

• Aisin heavy-duty ceramic metallic clutch

• DC Sports true-dual polished stainless side-exit exhaust system

• Lowered ride height with added underbody aerodynamic components

• TRD 4-piston aluminum calipers front & rear using TRD 355 mm drilled rotors

• HRE wheels 3-piece forged aluminum 20 X 9.5 fronts & 20 X 10.5 rears with Pirelli P
    Zero Scorpion tires (front: 265/40/20 & rear: 295/45/20)

If you are attending SEMA, you can find the truck in the South Hall, Upper Level, Toyota Booth # 32645.

Please!!! Get these parts out to the public ASAP!!!

Posted by: FrEaK_aCcIdEnT on October 29, 2005 12:31 PM

Gedder dun..

Posted by: PentastarTurbo on October 29, 2005 03:01 PM

wonder if supercharger will be avail.for 05-06 xrunner?wonder if kit to make hood functional will be also? wonder y toyota decided to use yellow? maybe they are trying to tell us the next generation of xrunners are lemons!

Posted by: nxrunner on October 29, 2005 07:06 PM

You mean the current ones aren't?

Posted by: KAuss on October 30, 2005 06:02 PM

its gonna be a beast!

Posted by: TacomaJay on October 30, 2005 11:19 PM

Posted by: Goinginsane on October 31, 2005 03:58 PM

Is this a truck the public can actually buy?

Posted by: flatboy on October 31, 2005 06:11 PM

No, this is just a show truck that Toyota is showing off at SEMA. But I think it's a neat proof of concept that they can build a blower for the 4.0L V6.

Posted by: Jeff on October 31, 2005 09:28 PM

For those of you hitting SEMA, take lots of pictures ;)

Posted by: PentastarTurbo on November 2, 2005 12:36 AM

Sunset Orange would be smokin' HoTT!!

Posted by: Zigen on November 7, 2005 08:03 PM

Just got back from sema and that x-runner is insane.They have 4 superchargers they are currently working with.They are still testing them to see which charger they are going with.The guy said it would be at least 6 months before they release it.

Posted by: bryanp on November 7, 2005 09:21 PM

Posted by: ASADA TACO on November 8, 2005 01:25 PM

You gottah love those BIG BRAKES, front & back, to match the 400 ponies!
Color is fine with me, just offer all the goodies to the public asap, so people can start playing with their trucks more!
I'm excited and I don't even have an X Runner, YET!

Posted by: Thrlls on November 17, 2005 09:43 PM

I think this is the best thing Toyota has come up with. We needed more power under the hood!

Posted by: 1HotTaco on December 31, 2005 02:08 AM

you can the 2003 3.6 trd supercharger if you look up x-runner trd supercharger it at a car show the first t.x.r with 03 3.6 superchager and get 290-300 just with it which is smart on toyota's and trd's part by using same intake config for the 4.0. i'd love to see the flywheel and exaust :) or the whole set up.

Posted by: Unregistered on January 1, 2006 01:25 AM

4 Wheel disc brakes on a sports model, what a concept! Let's get busy with the retro-fit kit
'Yota --or maybe someone else will without a killer price tag

Posted by: Unregistered on January 1, 2006 08:37 AM

I think its sick, I cant wait to race one with my built, supercharged toyota,

Posted by: Unregistered on January 17, 2006 04:23 AM down draft vent cooktops jenn air replacement cooktops 36 black gas glass cooktop thermador pro gas cooktop with griddle black glass cooktop cleaners 36 black gas glass cooktop 45 inch cooktops 45 inch cooktops thermador pro gas cooktop with griddle 36kitchenaid electric cooktop kecs161gss 36kitchenaid electric cooktop kecs161gss

Posted by: down draft vent cooktops on January 23, 2006 04:14 AM home office furniture corner workstation new mexico used home office furniture review office furniture locks and keys new mexico used home office furniture review home office furniture clipart space planning kits for office furniture new mexico used home office furniture article office furniture locks and keys ontario california new office furniture space planning kits for office furniture

Posted by: space planning kits for office furniture on January 26, 2006 07:33 AM

I'm just waiting for the TRD supercharger from toyota for my 4.0

Posted by: heeltoe989 on February 17, 2006 08:41 PM

I was thinking about buying a X-Runner but now I wonder if I should wait and see if they make anything close to this beast.

Posted by: Davids_Srunner on February 27, 2006 05:13 PM

400 horses...yep that should getter done

Posted by: tacohero on February 27, 2006 09:23 PM

Posted by: OFIVE on March 1, 2006 08:49 PM

WOW! I'd even take it in the yellow!

Posted by: Toyotaco5 on April 19, 2006 03:10 PM

Over rated for the price. I own a 05 x-runner. I regret it 25000 for a body kit and 6 speed. Get out. Your going to change the rims anyways. So out the door with it. Buy a regular xtra cab v-6 and fix it up. Its the same truck. If I had my choice I'd get my 95' back. More parts and just as good. O I'm looking for the front grill of that 400hp TRD. Looks like a cobra.

Posted by: jasonhawk on August 8, 2006 01:45 PM

jason hawk doesn't deserve an x-runner

Posted by: surftruck on September 7, 2006 01:17 PM

You must be logged in to post comments to news articles Log in now >>