Best Mods for 2000 Tacoma 4x4 5VZFE Under $700 - Page 2 - CustomTacos.com Forum
Go Back   CustomTacos.com Forum > The Garage > Performance

CustomTacos.com is the premier Toyota Tacoma Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Old 11-09-2003, 11:37 PM   #11
98madman
Grand Tacoholic

Tacoma: 04 D-Cab 4X4 V6
Default Re: Best Mods for 2000 Tacoma 4x4 5VZFE Under $700

Quote:
i have the jet chip stage one on my 2.7 4 banger and it helped over most of the powerband, and just made it better overall...and raised the shift point from 4800 to 5000 and i beliecve it removed the revlimiter,,,,,, its not the kind of thing where u install and then ur like wow this is so powerful, it just helps overall with everyhting. i guess you could say it wakes it up
Thats fine and dandy but for what Jet Chip's advertise for the tacoma model is outrageous, sure it might "wake things up" as you put it but it comes no where close to puttin out numbers like HP like it says in catalogs or whatever
98madman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2003, 08:33 AM   #12
3Point4Tacoma
Grand Tacoholic

Tacoma: 02 Honda Passport (Piece of ****!)

Quote:
5000? Yikes, you auto guys get ripped off!!!! Almost another 800 rpms that the 5spd can use...
At WOT my auto shifts at around 5500. I thought 5,500 rpm was the redline for an auto V6.
3Point4Tacoma is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2003, 09:12 AM   #13
ochizon
back in black (tacoma)!

Tacoma: 1999 2.4L Tacoma, std cab 5spd

I dont know... I was just going by what TRD4UNME said. I have a manual so...

Tat s cool that it can shift at 5500, most auto I have driven shift before the rev limilter...
ochizon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2003, 11:24 AM   #14
TRD4UNME
Enthusiast

Tacoma: 1999 green 2.7 prerunner

About the JET CHIP,im talkinga bout the 2.7 so it mite be different...from the v6...AND YOU V6 guys are lucky u still can buy a S/C,casue for us 4bangers its too much money/work to go turbo

can someone once and for all list the redlines adn shift points or just the shift points for the

4cylauto
4cyl manual
v6 auto
v6manual
casue its making me want to beacasue everyone just says a rpm that theirs shifts at and everbodys like WOOOOWW howd u do that
TRD4UNME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2003, 11:40 AM   #15
hairytaco
Enthusiast

Tacoma: 2001 S-Runner; Black Fleetside

Quote:
Is there any particular place you'd recommend for a cheap NOS kit?
Take a look on eBay. I think what you'll want is a "wet" fogger type system, with a single "Fogger" nozzle, 10 pound bottle, fuel & nitrous solenoids, hoses, mounting for the bottle, etc. I'm sure you'll want a remote bottle valve/solenoid for it too. You'll probably want to start with a 50 HP "shot". You can always re-jet for more HP. If you're at all good at fabrication, it should be easy to install; you won't need an application specific "kit" for your truck. As for the brand, it really doesn't matter, but since they've been around forever and make all the goodies you'll ever need, I like NOS brand. Pick what looks good to you. I'm sure you can gather up everything you'll need (new) for under your $700. It was a few years ago now, but the last "kit" I bought used, cost me $200 for everything (4 barrel plate system). Lastly, READ UP on nitrous before installing & using your new HP!
hairytaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2003, 12:51 PM   #16
hairytaco
Enthusiast

Tacoma: 2001 S-Runner; Black Fleetside

Out of curiosity, I was just looking at eBay for new kits.... Lots of listings. Here's a couple I saw that might interest you:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2441435901

AND:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2441746881

While they're a plate system, everything's new, and you can stick the plate back on eBay, and replace it with a new fogger nozzle. This is just an example; I have no idea if that's currently a good price or not. As you can see though, they're well under your $700 limit. Just a guess, but adding the remote bottle valve & Fogger nozzle you'll want, will probably raise the price about $250. You could probably get about $50 back from selling the carburetor plate...
hairytaco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2003, 04:05 PM   #17
Taco Supreme
Addict

Tacoma: 1998 Tacoma standard cab.

You could also buy my brothers dual stage Compucar kit.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=2442290242
Taco Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the CustomTacos.com Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.