Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Finally went to the dyno!

8K views 36 replies 12 participants last post by  drmatera 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well Finally went to the dyno. Here's the video that my friend took, not really what I was wanting, but oh well.

http://youtu.be/jRDz_ySaP08

Here are the numbers:

Corrected it came out to 276hp and 307 tq

Not bad I guess. Stupid boost controller was messing up. That was at 14 psi with a bleed off to just above 13 psi..

Cheers!
Chris

Attachments

See less See more
#9 ·
Well I am scheduled for another dyno session on Wednesday!!!
my tune is a lot better, boost controller issue fixed.(better spring), and just installed meth injection!

If I don't get 300 hp to the wheels I am going to be pissed.

I am now consistently at 17 psi, and I advanced the timing another 4.5 degrees. Not much change, but still wanted to go anyways.

#11 ·
ya still using it. I have it dialed in pretty good now. It's very consistent. So MS will ground the output. Not power it. So you need +12 from somewhere --> EBC --> MS All outputs are switched ground. It's safer. I think..

Just one thing to note, because I found out the hardway. Put like 3 or 5 amp fuses on both lines of the EBC. it will draw to much power and can burn the traces on the circuit for it. At least it did on my ms3. It shows it pretty much like that on the wiring for the EBC though.

#14 ·
all custom. and it's a garrett gt35r with a smaller 55 trim compressor. And ya I was okay with the numbers I had gotten the first time. But like any addiction. I want more! So hopefully today I surpass the 300hp mark, and then some.

#15 ·
There was another guy on here, can't remember his name, but he made 350 hp with the gt35r and 15 psi on a stock engine with just a forward facing intake mani :shrug: I dont know what he did but your numbers seem kinda low for 15 psi on that turbo. Shoot there are guys making 300 hp on the smaller gt30r turbo at 15 psi...

#19 ·
Nate I thought had a gt3076r or something like that. my housing is pretty small and older. only 3 inch in, and 2.5 out. They guy I got it from had it sitting for a few years. Technology changes maybe? I don't know. But here are the numbers from yesterday's pull.

Had to change spark plugs and gap because I kept quenching the spark. But once we did that. I was able to actually get a lot more power.

#24 ·
I think my next project when I get some time is to get a shortblock from the junkyard, and tear it down and build it up with basically what you put in yours. Though this is my daily driver, it never hurts to make it stronger right??? :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.