Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Official Lifted 5-Lug Mini Thread

794K views 2K replies 184 participants last post by  F4UCorsair45 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Post pics, specs and show off your lifted Mini, could be helpful for n00bs like me who want to get an idea of what their truck would look with various parts and tire and wheel combinations.

I'll post my truck in the next couple weeks when I get every thing on. Try and follow the format below?? Thanks!!!

Year & Bodystyle - 2004 Silver Regular Cab
Drive Train- 2rz, Manual Transmission
Front Suspension- STOCK
Rear Suspension- STOCK
Tires and Wheels- STOCK and STOCK
Other Mods- Strawberry Airfreshener hahaha...

Attachments

See less See more
#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Year & Bodystyle - 2001 Jade SST
Drive Train- 2rz, auto Transmission
Front Suspension- Doetsch 4" spindles, 1.5" Spacers , Fabtech Shocks
Rear Suspension- 2" Shackle, 1.5" AAL
Tires and Wheels- ZRacing Type 50 15x7 with 31x10.5 R15 tires (goin to 32's soon)

Also, a 3" RB body lift and will be runnin 4:88s soon

Attachments

#914 ·
here it is! looks better than my 6" fabtech lift and axle flip... it was on the first page of this thread ;) i wish i didnt hate body lifts so much because they look great other than showing frame but there even front and rear also they help you clear so much bigger tires by pulling the body away from the suspension etc but if i get in even a mild accident i could ruin the truck and i dont want that... ive seen to many trucks with body lifts in accidents where the body practically comes off but with a 3" body lift i could fit 33s no prob tho and its SO tempting!!!!

#6 ·
sstyota said:
Year & Bodystyle - 2001 Jade SST
Drive Train- 2rz, auto Transmission
Front Suspension- Doetsch 4" spindles, 1.5" Spacers , Fabtech Shocks
Rear Suspension- 2" Shackle, 1.5" AAL
Tires and Wheels- ZRacing Type 50 15x7 with 31x10.5 R15 tires (goin to 32's soon)

Also, a 3" RB body lift and will be runnin 4:88s soon

looks great man:waytogo: good call on removing the graphix, too.

#7 ·
yea im glad i did...i think it looks a lot better.

I think I'm regretting selling those stock enkie wheels. I bet i coulda run 31x10.5 R15s on them without a problem even though tire manufacturers don't recommend putting a 10.5 inch tire on a 15x6" wheel.

THe wheels i have now will not ballance...they don't have an outer lip. :brickknoc

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Year & Bodystyle - 2003 BSP Regular Cab
Front Suspension- v6 coils, daystar spacers, monroe gas shocks
Rear Suspension- stock, monroe gas shocks
- 2" roger brown body lift
Tires and Wheels- 15x7 crager steelies w/ 235-75-15 BFG land terrains
Other Mods- :lol:

Attachments

#494 ·
hey man ur truck is nice i have a 5 lug myself and im trying to give
it a bigger look

Year & Bodystyle - 2003 BSP Regular Cab
Front Suspension- v6 coils, daystar spacers, monroe gas shocks
Rear Suspension- stock, monroe gas shocks
- 2" roger brown body lift
Tires and Wheels- 15x7 crager steelies w/ 235-75-15 BFG land terrains
Other Mods- :lol:

#11 ·
If you have a 4" spindle and a 1.5" spacer thats only 5.5" of lift in the front and you are able to fit 31" tires. Do you think that if i were to go with a 6" lift do you think that i would be able to put 32" mud terrains on it. Or do you think that I would have to put a 7" lift? But my truck is a 2000 not a 2001 but i dont know if the stock suspension setup is different. Let me know what you think.

#12 ·
cvanden said:
If you have a 4" spindle and a 1.5" spacer thats only 5.5" of lift in the front and you are able to fit 31" tires. Do you think that if i were to go with a 6" lift do you think that i would be able to put 32" mud terrains on it. Or do you think that I would have to put a 7" lift? But my truck is a 2000 not a 2001 but i dont know if the stock suspension setup is different. Let me know what you think.
I Heard you scrap like crazy with 31", every one reconmended that I get 30" :so I dont know about 32" shrug:

#13 ·
So I might have to go with a 7" lift just so that the tires will clear my fenders. But i really want to get front glass for it but thats just a little out of my budget at this moment in time. I already have the tires in my garage because when my brother sold my dad his prerunner by dad took them because he wanted better gas mileage. Im just wondering because i think if i go 7" it may look all ****ed up and crazy high.

HEYY EVERYONE.
IAM BRIT IN HIS COMPUTER CLASS.
HI :]
OK BYE.

#14 ·
I think the main problem with running a 31 or 32 inch tire and rubbing is more of a "hitting the frame" while turning issue than a vertical tire clearance issue.

Lift spindles or wider controll arms will help to eliminate the frame rubbing; the additional track width will allow you to run a wider tire.

I'm clearing 31s with 3.5" spindles, a bit of inner fender trimming and nothing more.

PS: Hi Brit, post n00dz :D

#19 ·
Im pretty sure the control arms on the front suspension are the same, it is rumored that '01-04s have a taller spring and sit higher though :shrug:

Regarding the front bumper and 31"s, you can retain the stock front bumper with a little cutting and triming.

Keep in mind, with lift spindles your tires will stick out of the front fenders by a few inches, flared fenders or fender flairs will eliminate the problem of looking stupid though.

#20 ·
copieddemise said:
Im pretty sure the control arms on the front suspension are the same, it is rumored that '01-04s have a taller spring and sit higher though :shrug:

Regarding the front bumper and 31"s, you can retain the stock front bumper with a little cutting and triming.

Keep in mind, with lift spindles your tires will stick out of the front fenders by a few inches, flared fenders or fender flairs will eliminate the problem of looking stupid though.
HAHA I dont think it lookes stupid. ;)

#21 ·
Im stumped Im looking at getting a 4" spindle but i dont know if i would need a 2 or 3" Coil for the front end to fit the 32" tires. Then in the rear end im thinking of getting a 2" shackle and a 1.5 fabtech add-a-leaf. Plus i think it might look weird with a 7" lift in the front. it will be about a 1.5" difference from the front to the back.

#22 ·
I'll follow this thread with some pics and following the suggested format as soon as i get my truck back to actually take pics of it - But just to let you guys know, for '01-'04 - it is true that you don't have to worry about the tire height, all you have to worry about is the rubbing!!! More important than the tire size ive learned is the wheel size. However, I worked on my truck and did a little bit of tinkering - and i was able to fit 31 AT's on just a simple 3" Fabtech lift kit. you can knock in the pinch weld on the inside of the front wheel wells because its really soft metal and serves no purpose for sticking out the way they do. or you can do a bit of shaving off the back of the front wheel wells, but the front bumper really isnt going to be your limiting factor in all this.

Or, if you get as little as a 3" lift in the front you can fit 30" AT's on a 15by7" wheel easy.

#26 ·
cvanden said:
Cool if you go back there is an fabtech thread for the 5 lug tacoma and theres a guy that put the 6" lift with the same exact tire and everything i was going to do, got really lucky and hes truck is white also. check out that picture.
I think 32" look a little to big. I want to just go with 31" but I dont want to have to hack up my fenders and bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.