Most people are going to tell you it's not going to be like a box mounted sub. When I was thinking of going this route, this is what I boiled it down to. I still haven't done anything for bass yet, so I can't say.
Please select your car
Blaupunkt's compact THb 200A amplified subwoofer mounts just about anywhere, so you can add great-sounding bass to your vehicle without giving up precious trunk space. The slim, die-cast aluminum cabinet contains a 70-watt RMS amplifier and an 8" subwoofer for clean, low-frequency reproduction that enhances any style of music.
You don't have to worry about turning the sub on and off — just feed it some music and it'll respond, and it shuts off one minute after the tunes stop. Preamp- and speaker-level inputs provide easy connection to nearly any stereo system, and this handy little thumper comes with all the wiring and mounting accessories you'll need for installation.
- compact powered subwoofer
- 8" woofer with polypropylene cone
- 70 watts RMS amplifier (peak power: 140 watts)
- variable low-pass filter (40-120 Hz)
- phase switch control (0-180°)
- frequency response: 30-120 Hz
- preamp- and speaker-level inputs
- 9.8' power cable included
- dimensions: 14"W x 3-3/8"H x 8-15/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Want more peace of mind? Extended Service Plans Available