Toyota Tacoma Forum banner

Speedfreek traction bars and Beefed/Streetacos custom parts. PICS

7K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Chris D. 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Truck bed coating

I still need to adjust it at ride hight.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Nice! Thanks for posting, appreciate the plug, Truck's looking good like always. I'm always stoked to see your never ending mods and progress on this sweet truck. It's been around for a while now, gone through a lot of changes, and it's always cool to see that even after all the years you're still into it and still wrenching on it. :headbang:

#6 ·
Where the heck is your strut or shock.. or whatever the heck it's called?

Do you have a locker? And, do you have a build thread? I thought you did, can't find it.
Actually the transmission, drive shaft, shocks, and the helwig swaybars aren't on right now. The traction bars are for mock up only, its not bolted and torqued out yet. I got excited and took pictures....Still waiting on the clutch kit to come in the mail.

Yes i have a richmond lockrite locker. No build thread.

#12 ·
After installing LCE clutch kit minus the 6 puck, i used Exedy disk instead. Test drove it and the rear suspension is solid. Pretty stiff with half tank and without spare tire under the bed. I'm impressed with Beefed and Speeds products. The only problem is with speeds traction bar kinda sits lower than the front hanger and leafs.It looks like it'll scrape. Beefed blocks kinda pushes the axle forward. So i used a regular 4 inch block non tapered same hight. Will post pic later.

#13 · (Edited)
When a block is tapered, it makes the pin be forward a hair more than if the block were flat, provided the blocks were installed with the small end forward. Add leaf drop and your axle will go even further forward and push your drive shaft into the trans too far. You most likely have a older set of blocks that don't have offset pin and hole. About 2 years ago now, anytime a set of blocks is made in 4", or a set to be use with leaf drop, the pin is located back from center and the hole located forward from center to pull the axle back where it should be when used with leaf drop or a drop beyond 4".

I know I recently sent you a quote regarding the block swap Streetacos offers, and since you're swapping back to old blocks, I'd be willing to shave a little more off the normal block swap quote you were given. Originally it was 1/2" off a new set plus 2 way shipping, I'd be willing to offer the same deal to you but I'll pay for one of the labels. This is the equivalent to saving another $12 or so.

Here's another gas filler door mismatch...

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.