more qa1 questions... - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
more qa1 questions...

i am in the middle of finishing my install. the streetaco/beefedtaco install part comes with 4 washers. do they go on top of the shock ears? this is where i see them in the pics from this thread:

my qa1 build

do i need any underneath the control arm? i know that brian included the instructions, but i have been sitting on this for months and months and have since lost them.

also, what are the various torque specs. upper ball joints are around 25 if i remember correctly, and the lower ball joints are like 85. can someone confirm?

what about the torque specs for the bolt that attaches the lower control arm to the frame?

for future searchers:
terms: coilover, qa1, install, conversion
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-01-2013, 02:30 PM

(Thread Starter)
Re: more qa1 questions...

to answer my own question....no need for a washer underneath, assuming it was drilled out to the proper size.
#3 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 10:04 PM
QA1 Founding Father

Glad I could help! Lol. You can search around for fsm's for the torque specs. To be honest when we installed the lower control arms and the qa1's we just installed everything ''tight''. I've been working on my truck a bunch and didn't really worry about the torque. I'm not recommending that but it's what I did.
#4 (permalink) Old 01-27-2013, 09:38 AM

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWhtTaco View Post
Glad I could help! Lol. You can search around for fsm's for the torque specs. To be honest when we installed the lower control arms and the qa1's we just installed everything ''tight''. I've been working on my truck a bunch and didn't really worry about the torque. I'm not recommending that but it's what I did.
Beefed Tacosent me a pm saying pretty much the same thing. Haha. Thanks for the reply though.

Also of note for anyone else, Beefed also said that when tightening up the bolt that attaches the LCA to the frame, load the suspension (jack up the LCA to compress the springs), then tighten the bolt down.
#5 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 04:02 PM

(Thread Starter)

Does anyone know off hand what the center of the hub to the underside of the fender measurement is stock or with a 3" drop? I am measuring at 1'3.25 or so. My gap is still around 3" or so though.
#6 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 04:32 PM
ADMlNAHATER

Quoted: 37 Post(s)

I wouldn't go any lower than 3"

Just make it even on both sides.. I measured from the door sill to the ground till it was even..

#7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 04:40 PM

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris D. View Post
I wouldn't go any lower than 3"

Just make it even on both sides.. I measured from the door sill to the ground till it was even..
No...I don't want to go lower than 3" but I am not sure if I am there yet. The sides are even, but the gap between the fender and the tire looks to be a bit much. I am sitting on 195/75s on the stock 14s. What is a good fender/tire gap to have?
#8 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 06:09 PM

(Thread Starter)

another question.....if I haven't lowered the rear yet, is it not worth my time to allign the front? When I get the back done will it throw off the allignment enough that I will have to do it again?
#9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 03:06 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by stirpicult View Post
another question.....if I haven't lowered the rear yet, is it not worth my time to allign the front? When I get the back done will it throw off the allignment enough that I will have to do it again?
Yeah just wait on the alignment. When lowering the back your making the front end lighter and changing the angles of the wheels. Alignments should be done every time you make a change to the height of your car/truck. A lot of people don't understand that... You need to drop it where you want it then get an alignment. Not align then drop because then you will need to align it again. Hope this helps you out! Good luck!

Drift Truck Coming Soon!
#10 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 05:06 AM

(Thread Starter)

that's what I figured, just wanted to double check. But it makes sense. Lower 3" more and you have changed the angle of the truck by at least a degree or 2, which would alter everything in the front.

Thanks!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode