Leaf springs - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

#1 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 11:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Leaf springs

So what's the deal with the leaf spring situation? Chassis tech seems to have the best riding? But I can't find them pretty sure they don't have them anymore!!

Belltech has them but they are like 135 each is that a good price any body have them how they ride?

I don't want to ride like a boat! stiffer is better to a certain point!

Looking to get about 3 inches Help me please Help

And yes I have used the SEARCH button!!!

Last edited by 20inchtaco; 11-12-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: Ad content
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 11:54 PM
Addict

They don't make them for 98 and up anymore. Very hard to find. I have a pair for my 98 and my 01. If you can find them BUY them. So worth it! Try CL and keep searching forums. The CT leafs dropped both my trucks about 4 in. BTW. I bought them used. They handle a loaded truck great. Just as good as stock no doubt!
I have haulef over 500 lbs of equipment in my truck without issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

"The truck people love to hate"
"Ergo bibamus"
Actual Join Date: Nov. 2005

Last edited by Hot Sace; 11-12-2012 at 11:57 PM.
#3 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 01:04 AM

(Thread Starter)
Re: Leaf springs

Ok I lied I can't even find them from belltech! Common someone step forward with a set for sale=)
#4 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 10:07 AM
Addict

Sorry, can't help ya there. I will never sell them. Put up a post in the wanted section.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App

"Ergo bibamus"
#5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 11:00 AM

(Thread Starter)

Another question.. If I decide to go with 4x4 leafs do i want a 3 leaf pack or a 4 leaf pack? And witch leaf do I remove? Looks like this is the way im going to have to go since CT and Belltech ones a like river gosts!!
#6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 11:37 AM
Addict

Removing a leaf gives a HORRIBLE ride and you can't haul jack in your truck anymore. If your fine with those two aspects, go for it. My friend did that with his 97 and quickly saved the money and bought CT leafs. He said it was awful. He would never recommend it. I know he removed the middle leaf.

CT leafs are like finding a golden ticket on your candy bar. Thanks to Yankee I got my second set. I feel honored to have two sets of them. They have a beautiful de-arched looked to them when they settle. They look great!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

"Ergo bibamus"

Last edited by Hot Sace; 11-13-2012 at 11:39 AM.
#7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 11:41 AM
Addict

Here are my CT leafs on my filthy 98. My 01 is spotless.

I would suggest using Facebook to your advantage. I have MANY mini truckers on my page. Lots of fabrication shops etc. so many people go static before bagging. Stuff like that gets pulled off of trucks all the time. I can put up a FB post for some if you want. What year is your truck?

LolImageUploadedByAutoguide1352828472.832935.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

"Ergo bibamus"

Last edited by Hot Sace; 11-13-2012 at 11:49 AM.
#8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 12:02 PM
Grand Tacoholic

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

You won't find aftermarket drop leafs for your 99 anymore, assuming it's a 5 lug. Yes, CT quit making them, and the Belltech leafs are for 80's Toyota trucks, and I think the 95.5-97 Taco. The 95.5-97 Taco has shorter leafs than 98-04, so you can use the Belltech leafs for the early Taco.

4x4 leafs drop about 1" or so when used with all 3 leafs and overload. Remove the one under the top for a 3" drop and you still have 2 leafs and overload like your truck does stock. Payload will start to suffer a bit, but the ride will be nice. Chassistech leafs are flat and ride way too stiff for a nice daily ride imo.

When you remove a leaf from your 5 lug pack (the one under the top, we always keep the overload, but use the 5 lug ones when doing 4x4 leafs) your payload will actually increase due to the main leaf laying flat across the overload and only being able to dearch so far. A mono leaf setup laying flat on the overload will actually carry a decent amount of weight, and so will the stiff flat chassistech leafs that you just can't find anymore.

A airshock setup is your friend when it comes to being low and hauling weight. No air shocks on mine but when I find a spare $75 for the shocks and $125 for the management system I won't have to ride so low when hauling.

7" rear drop v v v ....special 4" blocks and 4x4 leafs with leaf removed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 7-12-2012013.jpg (52.7 KB, 16 views)

Checkout Streetacos on Facebook!
#9 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 01:38 PM

(Thread Starter)

Thanks for chiming in Brian I was hoping you would! I read your post on tacomaworld about lowering for beginners very useful broke it down for me real good. So being I live in Oregon and people like go wheeling every wrecking yard I have called said those 4x4 leafs sell faster than anything else they get!! I remember reading somewhere you said you had a set of CT's that were to stiff for you and you put in some 4x4's.. You still have those CT's? If so you wanna sell them?
#10 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 02:50 PM
Tacoholic

Ill keep my eyes peeled too. Just remember the 95.5-97 CT leafs are shorter than the 98-04 CT leafs. Orginally I came across a set for 98-04 CT leafs and they were too long. I was planning to move my shackles back on my frame cause thats the difference between the a 97 and a 98. I got extremely lucky on my CT leafs cause i paid 40 bucks for my 99 ones and paid 150 for my 97s. So like Sue says you have to look and youll for sure get lucky.. Many peeps here go back to stock or bag their trucks. Give it time and youll find them.. It took a about a year but well worth the wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode