Chassis Tech leaf springs INSTALLED!!!!! - Page 3 - Toyota Tacoma Forum
User Tag List

#21 (permalink) Old 01-20-2010, 09:19 PM
ADMlNAHATER

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Re: Chassis Tech leaf springs INSTALLED!!!!!

I didn't have my montiros dialed in, now I can see the notch.. on the 2nd picture, just not the first one..
the truck looks baller, I really like those wheels against a white truck..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 11-02-2012, 05:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i have ordered 3" drop springs from chasis tech and i want to know what shocks can i go with, thanks.
#23 (permalink) Old 11-03-2012, 10:35 PM
Grand Tacoholic

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyotasyndicate View Post
i have ordered 3" drop springs from chasis tech and i want to know what shocks can i go with, thanks.
Front or rear?

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide.com App
#24 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 10:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What kind of the bushings are in the front of the ct leafs? I bought some used ones from someone on here and he had removed all the bushings! He supplied me with new ones but they are all 2 pice like the rear on the stock leafs. I know these are not right for the front as they came with no sleeves and there is slop between the bolt and bushing? Help me please..
#25 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 02:53 PM
Grand Tacoholic

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20inchtaco View Post
What kind of the bushings are in the front of the ct leafs? I bought some used ones from someone on here and he had removed all the bushings! He supplied me with new ones but they are all 2 pice like the rear on the stock leafs. I know these are not right for the front as they came with no sleeves and there is slop between the bolt and bushing? Help me please..
You need to buy 2 new metal sleeves that fit the 2 piece leaf bushings correctly. And you will probably have to shorten the length of the new sleeves a bit to fit between the leaf hanger on the frame. Your stock bolts (14mm) will fit through the new metal sleeves with some play, so I recommend getting 2 new Standard bolts from the bolt store that fit the sleeves with less play than the stock ones. They'll need to be 5/8" x 4" to fit the diameter of the sleeve and the width of the frame correctly. You'll need to open up the holes to 5/8" on the frame.

I've done a couple CT leaf installs and had to open the holes on the leaf hangers up to accept the new larger diameter bolts. When I returned the truck to stock (put stock leafs back on) I had to weld washers to the leaf hangers to accept the smaller stock bolts.

Pic below shows a set of CT leafs (bottom) and they do have a pressed in front bushing and sleeve. These went on a 96. Someone may have swapped your bushings or they may have even come that way. I think Ct leafs up to 97 had pressed in bushings while 98 & newer had 2 piece like you have. You're missing the sleeves.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CT leaf.jpg (76.3 KB, 13 views)

Checkout Streetacos on Facebook!

Last edited by Beefed Taco; 12-11-2012 at 03:34 PM.
#26 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 04:17 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Lookin good sir! Hard work pays off!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota Tacoma Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode